IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Privacy Sweep

I'm running the 3.3.1 version of Advanced SystemCare. When I run the Privacy Sweep it shows that I have 10597 problems. I hit the fix button, it goes thru the steps and tells me that all the problems are fixed. Then, if I run another scan, it shows I have 10597 problems. I'm confused. Is it fixing the problems or not? Am I doing something wrong? HELP!!!!

Hi Mr. Numbers,

When you click on the problems found for Privacy Sweep, which checkboxes are checked in Privacy Sweep tree on the left pane, and what kind of entries are there on the right pane?

When you choose "Clean Recycle Bin and Privacy©" on the right click menu of Recycle Bin, does it sweep privacy? Can you see the icon in the system tray during sweeping?

Cheers.

Hi Enoskype,

The boxes I have checked for Privacy Sweep all the boxes for Internet Explorer, Windows and Other Applications. As for the entries, there are over 10,000 of them, so it would be hard to list the types. Can you be more specific as to what you're looking for?

Yes, when I right click the Recyle Bin it sweeps privacy (at least it says it is).

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Mr. Numbers

Hi again Mr. Numbers,

I am trying to figure out what junk ASC does not delete and states as problems. Couple of typical examples would do.

After sweeping privacy from Recycle Bin, does the scan show same problems?

How about cookies? You can check them if they are deleted by Privacy Sweep. Just after repair, check with Windows Manager in Admin Tools in Utilities with Cookies Manager.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Unable to check Privacy Suite settings

I've been searching in the forums and Tech support online; have 3.3.1 Pro. I can select Privacy Suite on left side but when I click on any boxes on right nothing happens, they stay blank.

• 1 month later...

Best shot is to reinitialise internet explorer. Go to run and type inetcpl.cpl then advance and tap reinitialize. Then try superantispyware free edition and together after iobit 360. Then try again asc.

Archived