IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Fix

The Registry Fix will remove unnecessary or obsolete or useless or faulty entries in the registry.

The unnecessary ones may be entries that are created when a program/application is opened in the computer.

After the application is closed it may leave behind an insert in the registry that then is seen as unnecessary - you will see it as a "problems found".

It will be created again if you open that application again, so it is actually debatable whether it is unnecessesary, but if you seldom open that application the insert is actually unnecessary most of the time.

Some inserts may depend upon other inserts and will then during a second scan be seen as unnecessesary/obsolete/useless.

Obsolete entries will often be leftovers in the registry from an uninstalled program - this too may have entries that depended on a deleted previous entry. The useless entries will often be obsolete entries.

Useless entries can be any of the above or a faulty entry that have a wrong setting, the right setting will usually be there too, so the wrong setting ought to be deleted.

A few "problems" will very seldomly be a problem for the computer and will usually not slow it down in any noticeable degree.

Over time (long) the registry itself may become defragmented and you can use the Registry Defragmenting tool to correct this.

But follow the recommandations concientiously!!

Read the description that is shown when opening it and please read the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg

Good notes, But I could not get the iobit reg defrag to defrag it always said it does not need to defrag even at 12.7% fragmented, I posted a thread for further info recently hoping for some iobit feedback but it got missed.

Now using "quicksys reg defrag" recommended by detailer till iobit one gets sorted.

Ok, sunny

I'll try it out (RegistryDefrag)! Sorry I missed your post about that!

I very seldom use it, but I will try it now - several months since I tried it last, but had no problem then.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Have now tried and get the same message that my registry is already defragged.

Perhaps enoskype knows at what level it will kick in?

Good notes, But I could not get the iobit reg defrag to defrag it always said it does not need to defrag even at 12.7% fragmented, I posted a thread for further info recently hoping for some iobit feedback but it got missed.

Now using "quicksys reg defrag" recommended by detailer till iobit one gets sorted.

Archived