IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag icon does not appear in system tray

Smart Defrag is set to load automatically at system startup, and minimize to system tray when program is closed. The Smart Defrag icon does not always appear in the system tray when ASC3 is also running. A workaround to this problem is to manually add a command to execute in Run registry. Then it loads with no problem and the icon appears in the system tray, but it does not load minimized even if command /m is included in the key. What is the Run registry command to minimize Smart Defrag? Also, what is the command to minimize ASC3?

Hi daodeltaforce

Set to minimize when Closed

Set to open automatic - :-)

I think I have to edit the description in Usage of IObit Products :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Smart Defrag is set to load automatically at system startup, and minimize to system tray when program is closed. The Smart Defrag icon does not always appear in the system tray when ASC3 is also running. A workaround to this problem is to manually add a command to execute in Run registry. Then it loads with no problem and the icon appears in the system tray, but it does not load minimized even if command /m is included in the key. What is the Run registry command to minimize Smart Defrag? Also, what is the command to minimize ASC3?

I have the same problem. My settings are correct. I had this issue in Vista several versions ago and stopped using it because of this. It is now out of Beta, when are you guys going to fix the missing tray icon problem? It is very annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue in Vista, but not in XP

I dual-boot XP Professional and Vista on the same computer and run the same antivirus software and a lot of the same programs in each OS along with Smart Defrag. I have no problem with Smart Defrag starting up with XP and the tray icon is always there. However, in Vista it will only start with Windows occasionally and if it doesn't start (which is most of the time) and I manually open the program, the icon will not appear. I have to deselect all the boxes in the options menu, hit apply, close the program and then open and select all my options again. I agree, it is very annoying. I am almost to the point of moving on to Auslogics Disk Defrag. At least for Vista, anyway. I hope this issue is resolved soon. Other than this issue, Smart Defrag is a great utility. It's missing some features I'd like, but you can't beat it for the price.

Archived