IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deep Scan Issue

Yes I just upgraded to the ASC Pro version, and whenever I try and run Deep scan it just loops back and forth. I tried disabling my antivirus, firewall and using gamebooster to disable other stuff then running it but it still just loops back and worth, I'm using a Windows XP with SP3

Hi jacob

Did you install over the top? Were you a pro user previously?

Have you activated your account?

Does the Registration.exe show the right information in the folder?

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes I just upgraded to the ASC Pro version, and whenever I try and run Deep scan it just loops back and forth. I tried disabling my antivirus, firewall and using gamebooster to disable other stuff then running it but it still just loops back and worth, I'm using a Windows XP with SP3

Hi jacob

When you say that you removed the free version, did you then uninstall and then remove the folder too? (clean install)

In post #1 in Usage of IObit Products it is described how to upgrade to the pro version. They (the free and pro versions) are essentially the same, it is just that in the pro version some more options is activated, amongst these the deep registry scan function.

So it sounds like your program is still behaving as if it was the free version that are running, hence my questions about registration.

Try the registration again and place the registration information you recieved in the two boxes.

Cheers

solbjerg

No i'm not a pre. pro user, i removed the free version installed pro, then actived it, and yes the reg.exe shows the correct info. and yes my account is active.

yes i looked at that before i posted, I tried disabling my anti virus and other progarms, I use AVG, I thought it might be because I run my pc with PAE enabled but i disabled it and rebooted and tried but still the same thing. I even tried booting my pc in "basic" mode to disable all but must haves to boot but still no go.

Hi jacob

Did you read this?

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=11882&postcount=1

the section in the bottom part of the post

Installation of FREE and PRO editions of ASC 3.

There are even screenshots showing the process there.

Cheers

solbjerg

yes i looked at that before i posted, I tried disabling my anti virus and other progarms, I use AVG, I thought it might be because I run my pc with PAE enabled but i disabled it and rebooted and tried but still the same thing. I even tried booting my pc in "basic" mode to disable all but must haves to boot but still no go.

sorry bout the lack of response to this fourm, I started to have random reboots and blue screen crashes. had to order recovery cds and stuff and do a full format and reinstall everything but now asc works correctly and stuff so dunno (was a pain tho to blank 160gb of data but i backed up my important stuff) so thanx for all the help

Deep Scan Issue

Hi all,

I started a deep system scan this morning.

the scan stalled at 71 complete.Not only did

the scan stall,so did my machine.

In fact,I had to use the reset button to get it going again,

as the mouse did not repond,and ctrldelete to bring up the task

manger did not work either.

The program hung while scanning C:program filescommon filescommon.

I have never had any problem until today.I hope this was just a one time glitch.

Are any other Bit Defender internet security v10 users experiencing the same?

Thanks,

Chris

Archived