IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Some questions

luckyvic

1. In ASC Startup Manager, IS360 shows as "unknown".

2. IS360.exe does not show in Windows Task Manager.

3. IS360.exe shows Windows Task Manager after I open it to scan, update and etc.

Is ISsrv.exe the same as the bad Interaspy- issrv.exe ?

Everything else seems to work fine.

ISsrv.exe

Hi Vic-To my knowledge,not the same as the little eavesdropper issrv.exe This application may(I'm speculating)work in a similar way to aid in the operation of 360.That,the Dev's could answer,but I wouldn't worry over that program as it's showing in my task manager as well when 360 is active.By me,ISsrv runs all the time(I suspect it's the background monitor)and 360 exe. same as yours(only with GUI open) which seems perfectly normal to me.Thanks for the screenshots-they are always appreciated.

Don't Worry - Be Happy!!!

Hi There,

Let's take'm in order:

For; 1. In ASC Startup Manager, IS360 shows as "unknown".

That's not really that unusual.

WinWoes doesn't recognize half the stuff in MicroSloth Office.

One IObit application not recognizing another IOBit application is merely demonstrating just how high the bar has been set with WinWoes software development.

Actually, if you reboot enough times + update the database in ASC and/or IO360 enough times + update enough security patches for WinWoes = the problem will go away. :-D

For; 2. IS360.exe does not show in Windows Task Manager.

hm...

The short answer is = it's not supposed to.

The long and tedious answer is = that's the way WinWoes works....

WinWoes runs all kinds a stuff in all kinds a modes.

Drivers, DLLs, services, processes, classes, sub-class, applications, plug-ins, toolbars, cookies, viruses, worms, etc. are all vying for CPU attention.

Only Applications (the big dogs) show up in the WinWoes Task Manager "Applications" window.

Click over one tab to the "Processes" window and you'll see all the IO360 stuff running there.

So, IO360 is alive and well "as a process" = all the time.... in watch dog mode.

For; 3. IS360.exe shows Windows Task Manager after I open it to scan, update and etc.

yep,,,

When you want to User Interface the Process, you have to envoke an Application to do that. Applications by virtue of being applications necessitate intervention/interaction with some one at the keyboard and/or mouse. Applicattions support the people-part of doing stuff with a computer. Unfortunately, the computers just can't do it all by themselves, yet... :-)

For; Is ISsrv.exe the same as the bad Interaspy- issrv.exe ?

By golly - we got a live one here....

The answer is a definate "yes" and "no."

Interaspy-issrv.exe is a legitimate/documented problem...

So, "yes" one should be concerned if issrv.exe shows up in a directory.

and,

"No" - the ISsrv.exe which IO360 installs isn't it.

No doubt this is going to cause a world of concern for virus detection software that only searches for a virus by name.

When the virus detection software runs an internal analysis of the IO360 version of ISsrv.exe, it decides that this particular incarnation of issrv.exe is OK.

Certainly, they will fix that in Beta "part 2", the "Son of Beta" and/or "Beta the Movie."

and, Naturally, it will be addressed in the next version of WinWoes.

Just remember to reboot every 15 minutes... scan every 5 minutes... don't open any email.... and, continue to enjoy your enhanced computer productivity. :roll:

ISsrv.exe

Hi Vic-To my knowledge,not the same as the little eavesdropper issrv.exe This application may(I'm speculating)work in a similar way to aid in the operation of 360.That,the Dev's could answer,but I wouldn't worry over that program as it's showing in my task manager as well when 360 is active.By me,ISsrv runs all the time(I suspect it's the background monitor)and 360 exe. same as yours(only with GUI open) which seems perfectly normal to me.Thanks for the screenshots-they are always appreciated.

OK, I feel a little better. I am positive IObit wouldn't do that to us, it sure made my eyes popout!!

Thak you

Hi There,

Let's take'm in order:

For; 1. In ASC Startup Manager, IS360 shows as "unknown".

That's not really that unusual.

WinWoes doesn't recognize half the stuff in MicroSloth Office.

One IObit application not recognizing another IOBit application is merely demonstrating just how high the bar has been set with WinWoes software development.

Actually, if you reboot enough times + update the database in ASC and/or IO360 enough times + update enough security patches for WinWoes = the problem will go away. :-D

For; 2. IS360.exe does not show in Windows Task Manager.

hm...

The short answer is = it's not supposed to.

The long and tedious answer is = that's the way WinWoes works....

WinWoes runs all kinds a stuff in all kinds a modes.

Drivers, DLLs, services, processes, classes, sub-class, applications, plug-ins, toolbars, cookies, viruses, worms, etc. are all vying for CPU attention.

Only Applications (the big dogs) show up in the WinWoes Task Manager "Applications" window.

Click over one tab to the "Processes" window and you'll see all the IO360 stuff running there.

So, IO360 is alive and well "as a process" = all the time.... in watch dog mode.

For; 3. IS360.exe shows Windows Task Manager after I open it to scan, update and etc.

yep,,,

When you want to User Interface the Process, you have to envoke an Application to do that. Applications by virtue of being applications necessitate intervention/interaction with some one at the keyboard and/or mouse. Applicattions support the people-part of doing stuff with a computer. Unfortunately, the computers just can't do it all by themselves, yet... :-)

For; Is ISsrv.exe the same as the bad Interaspy- issrv.exe ?

By golly - we got a live one here....

The answer is a definate "yes" and "no."

Interaspy-issrv.exe is a legitimate/documented problem...

So, "yes" one should be concerned if issrv.exe shows up in a directory.

and,

"No" - the ISsrv.exe which IO360 installs isn't it.

No doubt this is going to cause a world of concern for virus detection software that only searches for a virus by name.

When the virus detection software runs an internal analysis of the IO360 version of ISsrv.exe, it decides that this particular incarnation of issrv.exe is OK.

Certainly, they will fix that in Beta "part 2", the "Son of Beta" and/or "Beta the Movie."

and, Naturally, it will be addressed in the next version of WinWoes.

Just remember to reboot every 15 minutes... scan every 5 minutes... don't open any email.... and, continue to enjoy your enhanced computer productivity. :roll:

Thank you so very much for the clarifications. Love all the IObit programs. Glad that IS360 is finally here (goodbye Spyware Terminator). Now we need an antivirus & firewall from IObit!!!

Archived