IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IOBit 360 Crashing Office 2003

rohtua1

Installation of the IOBit 360 may cause Windows Office 2003 to crash. Apparently all documents enter a suspended and/or recovery state after installation of the IOBit 360 Beta version. With it's removal, all documents are once again able to open and Excel/Word in MS Office 2003 work fine.

Locking Up or Just Really Slow

Hi There,

If IO360 is set to run at start up, you get a little red Icon on the start bar.

If this is up and running, opening applications from other start bar icons can become problematic.

Personally, if I open just one application which can configure and load quickly, it is too bad.

If I initiate more than one application, the odds of success drop dramatically.

If I close an application - then attempt to reopen it (standard procedure for clearing WinWoes anomalous behavior) Then the start bar stops.

The start bar refuses to auto hide.

Nothing can be opened.

Nothing can be closed.

Fortunately, the keyboard still works.

I can open the task manager manually - then restart the machine.

This clears the conflict.

Your issues with Orfice 2003 and 2007 not loading ?could? be one of patience.

While fiddling with some of my start bar issues, I noticed that just prior to a hard lock/crash - things slowed way down.

Unfortunately, I have yet to finagal a work around that restores system speed.

It simply limps along slower and slower until it grinds to a halt.

Recommendations:

You can keep it installed.

Just don't "run at start up"

You don't have the watch processes running in back ground, but you can still run a scan manually when ever you want...

The scans are pretty thorough... and, don't appear to be detrimental.

or,

You can run at start up and try disabling the back ground operations from the IO360 red icon pop-up configuration menu. (if you position the mouse pointer over the icon and right mouse click = a small configuration window appears).

This feature is clunky on my machine.

The menu does not appear immediately - nor, is it located exactly where one might expect.... but, it does eventually show up.

Be advised, only right mouse click once - or, you'll wind up with a bunch of these little critters popping up all over.

Archived