IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Promotional Upgrades and Pop-up Offers

Scooter2

There are excessive intrusive attempts to promote upgrades of additions based on false or intentional statements.

Updates are 'recommended' that will do nothing. Perfectly valid and current drivers are declared to require manual

upgrades, or purchase of unneeded 'automatic' software.  These are probably making money for you, from ignorant 

users.  I find them annoying and dishonest, to the point of deleting your software to terminate the fake upgrade or

software sales spam.  Ignore me if you prefer.  A reputation for false promotional offers, buried among otherwise functional

programs, will end your business.  I suggest more integrity in controlling marketing efforts, that may be incentivized by

bonus plans, to lie, cheat and steal, for individual gains, company risks.  Weigh the risk/benefits carefully.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it completely unacceptable that this is occuring in the paid 'pro' software. Especially considering it requires a subscription. It gives the impression of spamware and does not seem to be made by serious minded people.I uninstalled it from  my laptops and am writing this now because of this issue and what I consider to be poor UX I am removing from my desktop

• Like 1