IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit360 Beta 1.1 ?ok?

ITIMAMOBIWW

Greetings,

So Far = So good... :-P

Beta 1 - for me - was horrific.

It installed ?ok? only one crash report.

It scanned ok - found some deeply buried archived (possible) infections.

The two back ground processes "System Protect and File Protect" {since renamed Standard and Heuristic} caused my particular/peculiar system to cough up blood. :sad:

The Beta 1 version could not be "run at startup."

If the red start bar icon was showing the two back ground operations had to be disabled.

The only upside was that manually initiated scans worked.

I've got a Gateway AMD dual processor - cranking XP SP4, with MicroSloth Orfice 2007, it's running PC Tools Spyware Doctor and Anti-Virus, IObit ASC too.

To say the least, all that stuff fighting for control of the CPU - isn't a pretty sight. :shock:

IObit 360 Beta 1.1 - at first glance - is far less virus-like.

I "can" run it at startup.

I "can" leave to two back ground processes running.

I does quick scan, full scan, and custom scan.... :-P

One caveat:

It's best to let IObit360 and/or ASC run their scans without having to complete with any fore ground applications.

Supposedly, they can run minimized... ?maybe? - but, not on my old clunker.

If you plan on running a 50 minute scan = go do lunch.

I plan on leaving this one up for awhile.

Like all things WinWoes... almost any thing could cause it to go psycho (changing the mouse pointer or the screen saver for example).

So, I'll continue to tap dance in the mine field until I blow a foot off.

Works fine for me!

Downloaded Security 360 beta 1.1 last night and installed no problems. Ran the smart scan and found one cookie that

I set to ignore. When I run again I'll check and see if it ignores it. Found my AVG, etc. Haven't run full scan yet. Rebooted this morning and everything ok. Nice little program! Can't wait for future tools to be released. I have an older Gateway XP SP2 with IE7. IE8 is soooo slow to start. I think I'll pass on IE8 for awhile.

Downloaded Security 360 beta 1.1 last night and installed no problems. Ran the smart scan and found one cookie that

I set to ignore. When I run again I'll check and see if it ignores it. Found my AVG, etc. Haven't run full scan yet. Rebooted this morning and everything ok. Nice little program! Can't wait for future tools to be released. I have an older Gateway XP SP2 with IE7. IE8 is soooo slow to start. I think I'll pass on IE8 for awhile.

Smart Scan found some tracking cookies + what i believe was a false positive - set to ignore - and next time scan reported 1 found and ignored.

Updated automatically today - took 5 secs.

Will keep it if it keeps behaving well.

Best Regards

Archived