IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Not Allowing an Existing Program Update

I apoligize if this should be posted under the "Bugs" thread.

I have a reminder program from efficienttodolist.com that was installed prior to my purchase and install of ASC Pro. I also have Norton Internet Security 2009 on my system. When I received a notification from Efficient-To-Do List that an update was available I attempted to do so but I kept receiving an corrupted files error message from Windows XP. By process of elimination through disabling NIS, popup blocker, etc I disovered it was ASC blocking my update. With ASC disabled (exited the program) the update worked perfectly and now I have reopened ASC. This is the only program update I have had any problem with so far and I have had ASC for a few months now. Not sure why a problem for this program but for the future I know to check ASC. Also, I do not find any way to tell ASC to ignore efficienttodolist.com in the futrue.

Hi george

Some programs make use of BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) for updating, for example Windows update. Is it the same with your efficient -to-do list?

If it is - then change the service setting for BITS to automatic and place that "Problem" in the Ignore list the next time you run an Optimize System scan before clicking repair.

Cheers

solbjerg

I apoligize if this should be posted under the "Bugs" thread.

I have a reminder program from efficienttodolist.com that was installed prior to my purchase and install of ASC Pro. I also have Norton Internet Security 2009 on my system. When I received a notification from Efficient-To-Do List that an update was available I attempted to do so but I kept receiving an corrupted files error message from Windows XP. By process of elimination through disabling NIS, popup blocker, etc I disovered it was ASC blocking my update. With ASC disabled (exited the program) the update worked perfectly and now I have reopened ASC. This is the only program update I have had any problem with so far and I have had ASC for a few months now. Not sure why a problem for this program but for the future I know to check ASC. Also, I do not find any way to tell ASC to ignore efficienttodolist.com in the futrue.

Hi george

Services

Services can be reached by writing services.msc in "Run"

The services list can be exported to a file and sent attached for others to check.

This is done from the icon in the tool line.

Recommended settings can be downloaded from the internet.

(several exists depending upon the preference of the writer, but they are usually explained - and you can choose your own preference from that or go with the recommended Microsoft setting)

The settings in your computer will show up in System Optimization as "problems" if your own settings differ from IObit settings and you will have to place the "problem" in the "Ignore List" if you want to keep your own settings.

This is an excerpt from Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section

Please read the whole thread to get to know the program, a lot of information in that thread.

So for now you go into services.msc and find BITS right click on BITS and choose Properties, set it to start automatic.

See if it works with that setting after you have placed that "problem" in System Optimize in the Ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

It sounds like you may understand the problem but I have no idea how to do what you are suggesting. I am a novice.

Archived