IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Sloooooooooooooow PC

I'm runinng a 1.? gig prosser and have 2 80 gig drives C&D but my PC is very slow What can the problem be ?

I have defrig ,run reg scan,and virus avg and nothing helps.

I have only used 17 gig on my c drive hard drive. I have plenty of memory.

Help Me

Hey xcepthim,

If you have a 1.x GHz processor that isn't really all that fast considering like 3.x Ghz and dual core and all that is available nowadays. Also, since you didn't mention how much RAM you have, anywhere's from 512 and beyond is sufficient.

Hard drive space shouldn't really affect speed unless files are placed wrecklessly around.

You should verify the information you gave us in this post about your hardware specs using AWC's hardware identification tool. If you reall do have only a 1.x Ghz processor, you should check out newegg.com or something and purchase a good processor for under $100 US (2.8 GHz should be just fine)

If you have any techy or geeky friends, you should get them to help you out when buying and installing PC parts, also. Trust me, it isn't worth the frustration of doing it alone if you're new to this.

tell truth it seemd theres program free fixer and was a ddl i had

i delete that ddl seemd after windows be come faster

also run advnaced windows care few times makes pc faster to

i have 512 memory 40 GBT harddisk pentum 4 and braodband

Hey xcepthim,

If you have a 1.x GHz processor that isn't really all that fast considering like 3.x Ghz and dual core and all that is available nowadays. Also, since you didn't mention how much RAM you have, anywhere's from 512 and beyond is sufficient.

Hard drive space shouldn't really affect speed unless files are placed wrecklessly around.

You should verify the information you gave us in this post about your hardware specs using AWC's hardware identification tool. If you reall do have only a 1.x Ghz processor, you should check out newegg.com or something and purchase a good processor for under $100 US (2.8 GHz should be just fine)

If you have any techy or geeky friends, you should get them to help you out when buying and installing PC parts, also. Trust me, it isn't worth the frustration of doing it alone if you're new to this.

wow.... hehe.... my computer has only 549 mhz and 256 ram and its pretty fast

re: slow pc

I'm runinng a 1.? gig prosser and have 2 80 gig drives C&D but my PC is very slow What can the problem be ?

I have defrig ,run reg scan,and virus avg and nothing helps.

I have only used 17 gig on my c drive hard drive. I have plenty of memory.

Help Me

As Clayton says, upgrade your processor for more speed, also use I0Bit SmartDefrag.

Check what's on your system by going here http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Results are displayed in a browser window, but it does not send any of your details to a Web server or anywhere else......only you see it. For future reference print off a copy as it contains all of your unlock codes, keys etc.

It's great for finding stuff that you didn't even know that you had!

You could also open up your Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and under the Process tab see what is using memory. You may find many programs running in the background that really don't need to be there and using AWC > Tools > Startup Manager and simply right click on the item and select Delete. Just type them into a search engine and many will find results telling you whether it is a necessary process or not.

• 2 weeks later...

use awc to clean out all the junk. registry scanners to get rid of random clutters and i'd suggest ccleaner to remove temp files that are burried within your computer. trust me theres a ton.

Archived