IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is 'Real time protection' really 4 real?

fuzzydawg

Is 'Real time protection' really 4 real?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

because..

IObit guarding startup is realtime - Ive seen it work. No popups about tracking cookies - good.

GUI says Realtime Protection on - why are you in doubt?

Best Regards

I am in doubt because after "real time protection' has been 'on' all day long...

there are still a handfull of [usually] tracking cookies alerted when i run a scan on command.

so they're 'only' minor threats?

whats the poit of wearing a bulletproof vest that stops fifty and forty for caliber bullets but lets 22s and 25s through? and then wonder what will happen if a fifty does come along.

Hi fuzzy

Did you run a full scan first? Or a smart?

Cheers

solbjerg

I am in doubt because after "real time protection' has been 'on' all day long...

there are still a handfull of [usually] tracking cookies alerted when i run a scan on command.

so they're 'only' minor threats?

whats the poit of wearing a bulletproof vest that stops fifty and forty for caliber bullets but lets 22s and 25s through? and then wonder what will happen if a fifty does come along.

Hi fuzzy

Did you run a full scan first? Or a smart?

Cheers

solbjerg

as i recall, i initially went thru 'settings', set to load at startup and turned on rtp and heuristics, although its possible i may have done that later.

then i began performing full scans from time to time, out of curiosity, just to see what sort of thing , if any, might show up... was 360 going to snag anything that ASC didnt, did spyware show up on ASC immediately after getting a clean report from 360, or what, if anything could get through RTP since it should be always on, leaving nothing to be found. really just playing around to see if the program worked, not actually worried about what cookies get into the jar, I manually dump it every so often anyway.

but, since those first two checks, full scan on command hasent found anything, which is as it should be with RTP running. so, maybe i just THINK i tuned on RTP and heuristic first.

and yes, i did run a 'scan now' at first, which i notice is a smartscan and not a fullscan.

so now that i am getting zero threat reports i will try turning off RTP after a few days and see what gets through. let you know.

guess i ought to be glad that tracking cookies have been the most exciting nuisance in my world, but i was kind of hoping to find alien zombies from the bios chip at war with the psychic vampires in the boot sector, looks like ill have to be happy with the dust bunnies in the cpu fan.

fuzz

Hi fuzzy

I tried your method

smart scan by 360 found 2 tracking cookies

The scan shortly afterwards by ASC didn't find any tracking cookies.

But there was a small problem in system optimize - it would not run.

I found that the setting "Daily Use" had fallen out and nothing was shown there, I reactivated Daily Use and System Optimize ran as usual.

Cheers

solbjerg

as i recall, i initially went thru 'settings', set to load at startup and turned on rtp and heuristics, although its possible i may have done that later.

then i began performing full scans from time to time, out of curiosity, just to see what sort of thing , if any, might show up... was 360 going to snag anything that ASC didnt, did spyware show up on ASC immediately after getting a clean report from 360, or what, if anything could get through RTP since it should be always on, leaving nothing to be found. really just playing around to see if the program worked, not actually worried about what cookies get into the jar, I manually dump it every so often anyway.

but, since those first two checks, full scan on command hasent found anything, which is as it should be with RTP running. so, maybe i just THINK i tuned on RTP and heuristic first.

and yes, i did run a 'scan now' at first, which i notice is a smartscan and not a fullscan.

so now that i am getting zero threat reports i will try turning off RTP after a few days and see what gets through. let you know.

guess i ought to be glad that tracking cookies have been the most exciting nuisance in my world, but i was kind of hoping to find alien zombies from the bios chip at war with the psychic vampires in the boot sector, looks like ill have to be happy with the dust bunnies in the cpu fan.

fuzz

Tracking Cookies

Tracking cookies are not harmful like malware, worms, or viruses, but they can be a privacy concern. As an example, if you go to a Web site that hosts online advertising from a third-party vendor, the third-party vendor can place a cookie on your computer. If another Web site also has advertisements from the third-party vendor, then that vendor knows you have visited both Web sites. Nothing malicious has occurred, but the advertising company can determine indirectly all the sites you have been to if they have cookies present on those sites.

Tracking cookies are not harmful like malware, worms, or viruses, but they can be a privacy concern. As an example, if you go to a Web site that hosts online advertising from a third-party vendor, the third-party vendor can place a cookie on your computer. If another Web site also has advertisements from the third-party vendor, then that vendor knows you have visited both Web sites. Nothing malicious has occurred, but the advertising company can determine indirectly all the sites you have been to if they have cookies present on those sites.

I am just an amatuer, but cannot third party cookies be stopped by setting up IE - if you are concerned about them. Or scan with IObit once a week and clean them out.

Fuzzydawg - If you wear a bulletproof vest you want to stop bullets and knive attack from really bad guys. You would probably not care much if you got stung by a wasp or bitten by a flee - would you? To protect from everything can prove to be quite uncomfortable.

Best Regards

Archived