IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Proactive protection getting more "smart"?

raven211

Not saying it's dumb or anything. :D What I thought about was that I recall a lot of prompts on stuff on my system which was pretty simple. Other behavior blockers (*ehm* ThreatFire *ehm* :D) would just leave it be, as it indeed was nothing to worry about. Sorry, I can't remember things specifically, but we're still just talking in general.

What I'm thinking about is the average Joes out there who will probably be very confused only from an added service dialouge with the proactive protection, and I like the same operation as they do; only warn me if absolutely necessary. Who knows, maybe pure whitelisting (of services being added) need to be implemented?

I always expect that its "smartness" will improve, but I just had to make sure. ;)

Yeah, I totally agree. From What I have seen so far IObit Security 360 is a great program and the one of the few improvements it can have is the improving of the the Protection. I white list is really needed as it shows me a image if I want to allow this program to run every once in a while.

Thats the downside to behavior blockers like threatfire. For the average joe, well, poor guy...lol

But as for the heuristics on iobit360, its kind of like Malwarebytes i was told. Small, yet extremely efficient. Though, with heuristics, there is always room for error, which is the downside.

You cant have the good without the bad i guess.

Archived