IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help...

monvid

just downloaded this v3.2.2 the other day and now it tells me there is v3.3.3. Well, I can't uninstall the old or install the new. I see where a fix says to disable the McAfee, but sorry I won't ever do that again without a guarantee I won't get bit.. Once bitten twice shy.

Alternatives please that a layman can understand.

Thanks

New Version 3.3.3

you are wise to not disable Mcafee's...while installing vs. 3.3.3 (and 3.2 was successfully uninstalled) Mcaffee's notified me of a Trojan that was detected and removed. The Trojan was from Iobit installer Exploit-ObscuredHtml. The install seems to be ok, but for a software that is supposed to keep you safer, this isn't real encouraging.

Hi mslonline

My guess is that this false positive fra McAfee soon will be corrected by McAfee, perhaps in their next data base definitions download.

Only goes to shows once again that anti-virus programs aren't infallible.

Heuristic scanning can generate a lot of false positives.

p.s. please read all the other posts about the problem before posting!!

Cheers

solbjerg

you are wise to not disable Mcafee's...while installing vs. 3.3.3 (and 3.2 was successfully uninstalled) Mcaffee's notified me of a Trojan that was detected and removed. The Trojan was from Iobit installer Exploit-ObscuredHtml. The install seems to be ok, but for a software that is supposed to keep you safer, this isn't real encouraging.

Archived