IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

uninst000.msg missing (I'm new.)

kf6gub

IOBIT sent me an upgrade for Advanced System Care that was previously installed on my computer. The requirement is that the upgrade will automatically uninstall thepreviously issued software. In my case it would not uninstall this earlier edition of the software because a file (uninst000.msg) was missing. Luckily I had this program on another computer. So I copied the missing file from this other computer and loaded on my first computer. The Advanced System Care program then uninstalled. Honestly, I'm now afraid to load the newer softer from IOBIT because I'm thinking this issue of missing software may occurr again. Then I'm stuck with that issue of the program. Thanks for reading.;-)

Hi kf6gub

Take a look in all the other posts about this problem.

It is a false positive from McAfee that is causing it.

So just install the new version and hopefully before long McAfee will update their dbd defence file, and remove the false positive from the list.

Wonder why they haven't done so already. Are you sure you have their latest update of that file.

Cheers

solbjerg

IOBIT sent me an upgrade for Advanced System Care that was previously installed on my computer. The requirement is that the upgrade will automatically uninstall thepreviously issued software. In my case it would not uninstall this earlier edition of the software because a file (uninst000.msg) was missing. Luckily I had this program on another computer. So I copied the missing file from this other computer and loaded on my first computer. The Advanced System Care program then uninstalled. Honestly, I'm now afraid to load the newer softer from IOBIT because I'm thinking this issue of missing software may occurr again. Then I'm stuck with that issue of the program. Thanks for reading.;-)

solbjerg: Thx for getting back to me. Incidentally, I was able to bypass the McAfee "complaint" by going to SAFE mode. I then loaded the missing software from a flash stick. Subsequently, the Advanced System Care software uninstalled with no problem. Jim:grin:

Archived