IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Vista Ultimate 64 bit schedule issue

When I attempt to schedule Smart Defrag to run weekly on Sunday night, I fill in the time, and other pertinent information, and when I click on Apply,

This is what I get for the first line: Mandatory Label\Medium Mandatory Level

then fill in the same password as my administrator, I get this message:

Task Scheduler

An error has occurred while attempting to set task account information.

The specific error is:

0x8007052e: Logon failure: Unknown user name or bad password.

What is the correct way to get this to work on a scheduled basis? I had no issue with

setting this task up in Windows XP!

Thank you.

Hi gedinfo

I think it must be because you try to run it from a user account and not as administrator as you must.

Cheers

solbjerg

When I attempt to schedule Smart Defrag to run weekly on Sunday night, I fill in the time, and other pertinent information, and when I click on Apply,

This is what I get for the first line: Mandatory Label\Medium Mandatory Level

then fill in the same password as my administrator, I get this message:

Task Scheduler

An error has occurred while attempting to set task account information.

The specific error is:

0x8007052e: Logon failure: Unknown user name or bad password.

What is the correct way to get this to work on a scheduled basis? I had no issue with

setting this task up in Windows XP!

Thank you.

Ok gedinfo

I am not familiar with Vista. Hopefully someone else on the forum is and will give this a shot.

Cheers

solbjerg

I start SmartDefrag as Administrator, and get the same result. I am the only person using this system, I installed this OS.

Hi gedinfo

Additionally is your Taskscheduler and your Windows Time enabled in services?

services.msc in Run

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok gedinfo

I am not familiar with Vista. Hopefully someone else on the forum is and will give this a shot.

Cheers

solbjerg

Try checking your Group Policies for this setting:

Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options:

Network access: Do not allow storage of credentials or .NET Passports for network authentication

The Task Scheduler has been re-designed for Vista and Windows Server 2008. If this setting is "Enabled", then the Task Scheduler can not store the required Password anymore for scheduled Task. (Different from previous Windows Versions.)

Set this GPO item to "Disabled" or "Not Configured". This should help to allow the normal Task Scheduler functionality.

wrexe

Archived