IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster Isn't Boosting My Game...

Lol, I'm new to the forums so don't mind me if I mess up a few times.

I just recently downloaded Game Booster and I Installed it and everything.

I got as far as when you click on "Go to Gaming Mode" and "Back to Normal Mode"

I click on "Go to Gaming Mode" and I don't know what to do next.

Every thing says the word "Stopped"

My game is still the same at 29 FPS and 250 MS.

Please tell me what to do so the Game Booster can start Boosting my Game.

I don't know if this is a recently asked question or not, so forgive me.

Thanks.

P.S. I like typing in colorful grammar.

Game booster makes your games run better by closing unnecessary processes to free up memory and CPU cycles. Many users have unnecessary processes running in the background that may use up resources that can be used for gaming. When Game Booster is activated, it defrags the memory and closes certain processes not needed for gaming. IF you already have an optimized computer when you start your game, you will not see a difference. Also if you are on a really high end computer, Game Booster may is most likely not needed.

If you go to Start>Run then type in msconfig (in xp) you can stop processes manually in the services tab, also you can stop certain programs from starting when you boot into XP that you may not need which can free up memory and some CPU cycles. Be aware what you choose, cause some of the services/startup objects may be needed.

For example, in the startup tab I uncheck boxes for Acrotray, googleupdate, QTTASK, Yahoo messinger, Itunes helper and others I do not need.

To help your ping, that relies more on your NIC and who you are connecting to. IF you download Iobits Advanced SystemCare, there is a section where you can edit your NIC settings that may help NIC performance. Also in games you may be playing, you can change your connection settings also to affect your ping and playability. If you use a router, you can change your QOS settings to also help performance. Choose servers closer to your home for better pings.

IObit also has Smart Defrag to keep your HD defragged, for better performance.

Also if you download Advanced SystemCare, it can also rid you of junk files and registry entries that also may bog your system down.

Hope this helps!

I'm not really good with Techy stuff.

I don't know what to do and don't want to risk harming my computer.

I have Dial Up with an Earthlink Connection on a Dell computer.

Maybe you can decrease all the ways I can fix it and help me now.

Sorry, I don't understand Game Booster very well.

I can't restart the computer either because my brother has a Password on the computer and I won't be able to log in.

Please help, thanks.

Why don't you have your brother create a user account for you? So you can make changes to your computer with better results. Also, where do you live? Many places you can get DSL for 19.99 (in USA) unless you live in a lightly populated area. Also, most questions you need answers to can be looked up in google.

H Chris

Good comments Chris!! Both of them!!

It does sound though as if he is in fact "acting administrator" and should be able to create a user account for himself, right? As long as the the computer is open in the administrator mode.

Cheers

solbjerg

Why don't you have your brother create a user account for you? So you can make changes to your computer with better results. Also, where do you live? Many places you can get DSL for 19.99 (in USA) unless you live in a lightly populated area. Also, most questions you need answers to can be looked up in google.

I thought about doing that, but when I create another user account, you have to get another connection.

The only one we have is Dial Up and when I tried to create an EarthLink account, I got all the way through to the last part where you have to make a call to the company.

When it was calling it said, "Dialing, please have your credit card ready."

By that time, I've only turned 16 years old on June 29th, so I don't have a credit card yet.

He also doesn't like me putting stuff on his computer.

I'm trying to get HughesNet, like you saw on the commercial, but it's $60 a month and I can't afford it right now.

I live in Arkansas, by the way.

Hope this information helps so I can get helped as well.

Hi PawnMobilizer

You want us to help you trying to circumvent your brothers wishes?

Please discuss it with him!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I thought about doing that, but when I create another user account, you have to get another connection.

The only one we have is Dial Up and when I tried to create an EarthLink account, I got all the way through to the last part where you have to make a call to the company.

By that time, I've only turned 16 years old on June 29th, so I don't have a credit card yet.

I'm trying to get HughesNet, like you saw on the commercial, but it's $60 a month and I can't afford it right now.

I try and try to tell him, but he's the stubborn type of person who doesn't like doing things on his computer to slow it down.

But a better connection if we got it, he said "You won't be playing on it then, because you'll mess it up again."

I'm in a really bad situation.

He just deleted Game Booster, so I'm going to have to re-download it again.

I just need help on Game Booster when you click on "Switch to Gaming Mode"

My name is PawnMobilizer because it's from this game I play call Pawn Tactics.

I keep getting kicked out of a game for having a slow connection.

That means I have a lot of MS and I don't know how to get rid of it.

I tried almost everything, but nothing works for me.

Please help.

Thanks.

Your story sounds VERY familiar. I know its a little off topic but what I'm seeing is mostly a connection problem rather than your game or computer. I've been through identical situations and I am currently running on Wildblue satellite internet and I can tell you Hughesnet IS NOT THE ANSWER.

I ran earthlink myself for a number of years and I still dont have dsl available and most of today's popular games require too much of your internet resources for dial-up. The problem with satellite, as its been exlpained to me AFTER I spent $600 on equipment and setup, is that on satlllite you are beaming a signal from your house to a satellite 200 miles above you then back to a reciever before it ever sees the web, then of course you have the return trip BACK to your house. In short, just like me...YOU'RE SCREWED until the phone company makes the upgrade to DSL or the cable company brings you digital service. My case is 5-10 yrs at best. GOOD LUCK and save your money, earthlink is still a good company as long as your game was designed before 2003.

Archived