IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

defrag starts then stops

Hi capadac

This is usually due to running on batteries and the default setting.

Cheers

solbjerg

i installed smart defrag, then try to run the defrag it just starts and stops, very wierd, can someone tell me y would it do that?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi tiger

Hard to guess from the amount of information :-)

How much free space do you have in percentage please.

How fragmented is your disk?

Are you running as administrator?

Do you have many large pictures and videoes on your disk?

How are your settings in SD?

Did you unblock the program before installing?

Did you install "over the top"?

What OS do you have?

What firewall and settings do you have?

What antivirus and settings do you have?

What services have you got - at what settings ?

Cheers

solbjerg

I am having the same issue and I am not running on battery. Any other thoughts?

I have the same problem with version 1.2. The disk map is blank and shows zero for both total files and total defragmented files. My file system is NTFS, I am not constrained for disk space, not running on batteries, have tried running with fire wall and antivirus off, have uninstalled and reinstalled but it still won't function. I'm unsure what is meant by "large" pictures and videos. My operating system is XP with service pack 2. My running services are numerous but I have no indication of a services, software or hardware conflict.

Auto defrag starts but stops immediately as does manual defrag or manual analyze.

Archived