IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A TON of PROBLEMS

adk

I installed IObit Security 360 last night and do a few scans. When I restarted my computer I first noticed that my taskbar/start menu was gone. I've been trying all morning to fix this with no avail. In addition, my computer can no longer copy and paste text. I tried to backup some of my files on my flash drive, but it will not let me transfer any files to other locations. Finally, when I try to open programs they fail, or I keep getting error messages. This program has given me nothing but a headache!:-x I'm attempting to back up my files through an online host, and I might just have to reformat my hard drive.

I installed IObit Security 360 last night and do a few scans. When I restarted my computer I first noticed that my taskbar/start menu was gone. I've been trying all morning to fix this with no avail. In addition, my computer can no longer copy and paste text. I tried to backup some of my files on my flash drive, but it will not let me transfer any files to other locations. Finally, when I try to open programs they fail, or I keep getting error messages. This program has given me nothing but a headache!:-x I'm attempting to back up my files through an online host, and I might just have to reformat my hard drive.

hi adk

donot panic. i have been dealing with Computers of all kinds Mainframes, minis,micros and during 80s and 90s teaching IT too and i advise u that the worst advisor is panic.

Do not format UNINSTALL IObit S-360 and i believe evrything will go all right

cheers

Do you have any other antispyware on your pc that functions realtime with iobit 360. If it this then you have a conflict, one should be uninstalled! Which kind of windows do you have, if its basic/familial did you logged as administrator?

When iobit finish scanning it gives an overview of files to be deleted it would have been better to have kept a screenshot. Download Hijackthis and make a scan and keep/sva logfile, then go through it and find out if you are not attacked by a new virus that put mess on your pc.

I have Windows XP. I am running AVG as my virus scan. I have Malwarebytes & Ad-Aware as anti-spyware. Where do you suggest I download Hijackthis? Thanks for the advice. I hope it helps.

Hi

Hijackthis

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis

If you used iobit 360 together with your antispyware arsenal, then it can be an explanation regarding your problems! In my opinion is either to continu with

Malwarebytes & Ad-Aware as anti-spyware if there is no conflict, or just uninstal them and use iobit if you would like to stick with iobit 360.

Nothing still has restored the taskbar. I've been searching the web for possible answers. I'm also wondering why the "copy & paste" function no longer works, or why I cannot move icons on my desktop. Humph :?

Hi

Sorry I forgot to mention that you can also use

RunMimic

http://wyattsoft.webs.com/downloads.htm

or

Close any open desktop and taskbar applications, then open your registry and find the key below.

Delete the entire "StuckRects" key, or "StuckRects2" for Windows 2000/XP, and reboot.

When Windows restarts the taskbar should be set back to a default working state.

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\

StuckRects]

hi adk

u dont supply adequate information

is S-360 still on your pc

if yes follow the steps

1) remove everything from drives cd, floppy , USB memory stick

2) start windows and press and keep down f8 choose SAFE MODE and proceed to get in windows with safe mode

shown on desktop

3) Try to uninstall S 360

4) if u managed to uninstall succesfully shutdown & restart

5) if u can't try RESTORE SYSTEM at a point (date) just before the problem

restore is in Control Panel/backup and restore for Vista

follow instructions..

6) shut down and restart

if after step 4 u stiil face problems repeat steps 1,2,5,6

cheers

Hi adk

If the taskbar isn't locked, and you inadvertently drag it downward. it can look as if it is gone.

Try placing the cursor in the bottom of the window and when you see it change to an arrow hold down the left click and drag upwards. When the taskbar is back in place - right click on it and choose lock the taskbar.

Cheers

solbjerg

Nothing still has restored the taskbar. I've been searching the web for possible answers. I'm also wondering why the "copy & paste" function no longer works, or why I cannot move icons on my desktop. Humph :?

Hi adk

Does the keyboard shortcuts work Ctrl+A to mark it all, Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste/insert.

If that works - then it sounds more like an error with your mouse.

Cheers

solbjerg

adk

you have a clash of software and need to unistall iobit 360, have you tried beta2?

I had similar problem with beta1 worked ok till reboot of pc then loads of problems with taskbar,windows explorer and IE.

Had to reboot into safemode to get pc working again and uninstall 360.

beta1.1 would not even load just crashed pc during install and another unistall in safe mode.

I will presevre with beta2 in a few days when I rebuild a new pc. [original blew the psu & M/B during a susp electrical surge]

the risk you take with beta's is that they occasionally go belly up taking down the pc sometimes but the temptation to try a new beta is too good to miss if from an exciting devloper like IObit.

What happened to your computer was because of the hijack scan that you clicked, checked all the boxes and then hit "repair" sending all of the necessary windows files to the recycle bin. Including the ones that allow you to restore items from the recycle bin or use a system restore. I know exactly why you did it to so don't feel bad. it is labeled as scanning for spywear and malwear and then gives you a list of "problems" to check and then a button to "repair". It does not warn you or even explain what its doing. so you thought you were removing problems from you computer when in fact you were killing it. I don't know who is in charge of that but not making the hijack feature appear as what it truly is was a bonehead idea. If you can use your windows cd to repair it that's awesome but you may have to reformat. Sorry I know it really sucks.

Archived