IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't open microsoft update

MilRob

After noticing that Excel 2007 stopped showing Recent Documents on opening, tried to check for update; but browser will not open "http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us". Checked Google; directed to "RegistryPC", cost $34.95. Their scan revealed 1,695 problemsinc 2 withMS Update. Am current user of Adv SystemCare Pro v 3.3.4. Why cannot this fix all the 1,695 problems found by RegistryPC, & restore my access to MS Update? Have used Malwarebytes AntiMalware program to clean of all malware, etc. Grateful for help. MR

Hi MilRob,

Try to start your BITS service (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) and Automatic Update Service automatically in your Services, and put them into Ignore List after your Scan of System Optimization (click on problems found) in ASC.

Did you check Enable Deep Scan under Registry Fix in Options?

Even with that checked, there may be differences of the number of Registry problems found in different programs.

Please read the whole thread in Online Help for IObit Software .

Cheers.

Still can't access MS Office Update

Thanks for your speedy reply. I Have carefully followed your suggestions but regret problem remains. In meantime Windows auto-update required a restart which caused RegistryPC to run another scan & notified me of 1,813 remaining registry problems! Not being a techy I must accept that it is normal for other registry checkers to pick up different problems but surely another 1,813 is too many for your program to miss? Having paid for Pro I am reluctant to shell out another $34.95. Please can you offer some other advice. Many thanks. MR

hi,

could you post a link and/or a screenshot of your "registry cleaner" that finds all these registry errors.

It could be a rogue registry cleaner which if it is; most of the registry errors will be fake. This then reels in all the customers to part with there money but is not actually removing anything.

Have you tried Ccleaner? it has a very good and safe registry cleaner.

Download here: Ccleaner

That definitely sounds like a rouge cleaner reporting non existent errors to part you from your cash.I'm not clear on how you arrived at their site.Were you re-directed there after attempting to access MS updates? Or were you just shopping around for a solution? I ask because I'm trying to determine if your browser was hi-jacked.You may want to reset your browser(IE?)from Tools > Internet Options > Advanced??(sorry don't recall and don't use IE) As for CCleaner,it's a great utility for junk and temp file clean-up,but quite timid as a registry cleaner compared to ASC-I use both.

Still cannot access MS Office 2007 update page

Thanks for your suggestions. I have downloaded & run CCleaner, which has deleted all my Cookies but problem remains. I was directed to http://www.registrypc.com/ by searching problem in Google. Also reckon they are a scam, but their scan does say that I have 2 MS Update problems, so am tempted particularly as they say they will refund if not satisfied. Any other ideas? Thanks & regards, Miles

Archived