IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Optimized defragmenting gives stuttering for my system

Hi killguta

Please descibe the situation - what is a stuttering computer in your terminology :-)

It happened when? Did the defragmentation run without problems? Have you added new programs recently?

Which IObit Product are you running - I was wondering if IS 360 beta could have anything to do with it??

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello everyone,

In about 20% of the cases when using Fast Optimize, it will result in MASSIVE stuttering of my computer. I know it's because of SmartDefrag because it's happening to me for the 4th time now and the pattern is the same, after Fast Optimize. Would appreciate any help :) .

Thanks killguta :-)

It is a good guess I think to single in on the aborted defragmentation.

But the chkdsk - was that a full one that also checked the empty space?

How is the Windows defragmenting reacting?

Another thing that could be tried is an sfc /scannow

The new install might possibly be responsible for moving something into the Master File Table I would suppose.

Would like to hear your "solution"

Good luck

Cheers

solbjerg

The stuttering is choppy noise and display, it occurs at random, even when not CPU overload or something. The defragmentation seemed a little odd, because it would move files onto the MFT (don't really know if it's a strange thing). Also, I did not complete the defragmentation, could this be the issue? I didn't add new programs, but I did add a large chunk of data, there is currently 35% free space on my hard drive right now. No, I am not running IS360, neither do have an CPU hogger or an antivirus/antispyware (I like to live in danger and I also know how to NOT download "free money click here.exe" stuff ;) ).

EDIT: I tried an check disk and there was nothing wrong. Doubt that it's my hardware, because my linux partition is working perfect.

EDIT2: I decided to do an heavy optimize. This is how my fragmentation looks like

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4698/defragw.jpg

Hi killguta

I hope you haven't removed any I386 folders!

Doesn't the sfc /scannow ask for your install cd?

Can you get back to a previous configuration by using Windows System Restore?

Cheers

solbjerg

The stuttering is choppy noise and display, it occurs at random, even when not CPU overload or something. The defragmentation seemed a little odd, because it would move files onto the MFT (don't really know if it's a strange thing). Also, I did not complete the defragmentation, could this be the issue? I didn't add new programs, but I did add a large chunk of data, there is currently 35% free space on my hard drive right now. No, I am not running IS360, neither do have an CPU hogger or an antivirus/antispyware (I like to live in danger and I also know how to NOT download "free money click here.exe" stuff ;) ).

EDIT: I tried an check disk and there was nothing wrong. Doubt that it's my hardware, because my linux partition is working perfect.

EDIT2: I decided to do an heavy optimize. This is how my fragmentation looks like

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4698/defragw.jpg

Ok killguta (perhaps an apt name, right?) :-)

Good luck!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, I kinda removed system restore too lol. Thanks for the help, although I am reinstalling Windows :) . Good thing I have that linux partition to save my files to <3 .

Archived