IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Slow registry scan

peastoyou

For the last week or two I have had problems with the registr scan on my ASC Pro version. It seems to all but hang during the "shared .dll" portion of the scan. I have never had this problem before. Any ideas about what could be causing it?

I am now running a scan with my TM security suite and 360 turned off. I'm still hitting the roadblock. CPU usage is between 48%-52%. AWC is using 48K-52K of RAM so that is not an issue. BTW, the scan has now completed and found no registry errors.

The scan completes eventually with either 360 or TN turned off or both turned off. That does not seem to have any effect. When the registry scan hits "missing shared .dll files" things go into slow mo. My hard drive light barely flickers and I sit and wait. I really do not think that the issue is with ASC or with my security programs but I am completely stumped as to what is causing it.

Hi peastoyou

It sounds to me as if you have several "shared.dll" files missing :-)

I guess it is leftovers in the registry from uninstalled programs.

Therefore I would suggest a full chkdsk, if that does not help I would try sfc /scannow

Try running Ccleaner first perhaps

Cheers

solbjerg

The scan completes eventually with either 360 or TN turned off or both turned off. That does not seem to have any effect. When the registry scan hits "missing shared .dll files" things go into slow mo. My hard drive light barely flickers and I sit and wait. I really do not think that the issue is with ASC or with my security programs but I am completely stumped as to what is causing it.

Archived