IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Few Problems

alex30

Hi,

I am having a few problems here.

The most serious is that after boot up quite often I can do nothing {no Internet, no use of programmes } until I disable 360. After disabling I can re-enable and all is OK.

I get an ISO Updater error on most boot ups.

I get 4 security hole problems reported when there is only one. That one, KB946648 will not fix. I know others have the same problem.

Any help, especially re the locked system ,would be appreciated.

Alex

Hello! My alert is that these who use some of next programs can't use IObit Security 360 that's why it will remove some subprograms of: Adwanced Tweaker, XpRepair Pro 4.0 and Registry Repair Pro (3B Software).

And after that when I hope to use this (IO-Sp360) don't work correctly Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro latest version. !

Hi,

I am having a few problems here.

The most serious is that after boot up quite often I can do nothing {no Internet, no use of programmes } until I disable 360. After disabling I can re-enable and all is OK.

I get an ISO Updater error on most boot ups.

I get 4 security hole problems reported when there is only one. That one, KB946648 will not fix. I know others have the same problem.

Any help, especially re the locked system ,would be appreciated.

Alex

I've had the (exact) same problem and find that if there is anything in the recycle bin that hasn't been emptied, it will hang. It also checks the contents of the "System Volume Information" restore directory and finds errors there. If it didn't find the error when it was active, why does it find it in the restore directory? I would include the contents of the debug file, but there is none. It doesn't seem to realize it has had an error.

I've had the (exact) same problem and find that if there is anything in the recycle bin that hasn't been emptied, it will hang. It also checks the contents of the "System Volume Information" restore directory and finds errors there. If it didn't find the error when it was active, why does it find it in the restore directory? I would include the contents of the debug file, but there is none. It doesn't seem to realize it has had an error.

Hi Leighton,

Did your troubles start after the update to the new version as well ?

Cheers Alex

Hi Leighton,

The other softwares such as ASC, antivirus, security software, etc. may have deleted the malware, spyware, junk etc., after a Restore Point had been created.

The best thing to do is, when you are sure of the cleanliness of your PC from malware, delete all the restore points by turning System Restore function OFF, and then turning it ON and create a new clean Restore Point.

For the Recycle Bin issue, did you try it uchecking "Empty Recycle Bin" checkbox in Options of Junk Files Clean in Privacy Sweep of IS360 ?

Cheers.

Hi Leighton,

Did your troubles start after the update to the new version as well ?

Cheers Alex

Yes, it did.

P.S.

As a rule, I have applications check for updates on launch. IS360 is now an exception. When I turned off auto-check on launch, IS360 works fine. I have to remember to check for updates after boot is complete. It appears that once the auto-update has failed, anything requiring internet access after that is hung. If the auto-update is fixed, we can move on to the other issues. (see next post).

Hi Leighton,

The other softwares such as ASC, antivirus, security software, etc. may have deleted the malware, spyware, junk etc., after a Restore Point had been created.

The best thing to do is, when you are sure of the cleanliness of your PC from malware, delete all the restore points by turning System Restore function OFF, and then turning it ON and create a new clean Restore Point.

For the Recycle Bin issue, did you try it uchecking "Empty Recycle Bin" checkbox in Options of Junk Files Clean in Privacy Sweep of IS360 ?

Cheers.

The problem is, there was no error found by "BitDefender" or "IS360" that was deleted. It was only after it was in the Restore data that IS360 found it. If it were a valid error, it should have been found when it was active (read that as false positive).

Yes, that's how I resolved the problem. I blew away all restore points and started fresh.

No, I prefer to manage the Recycle by myself, lest I trash something before I'm really sure I want it gone.

I checked everything out using "IObit test.exe" and all is well. If there is a newer version (Newer than 10 Jun 09) please email it to me.

Thanks,

Leighton

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Davisreed,

With the new version Beta 3.1 things are running OK except I get a brief IS360Updater error screen on boot up unless there is an update available. It does update so I am not worried. Also the scan stops and starts but still completes in a reasonable time so I am not worried about that either.

I do hope of course that both issues will be fixed in future issues.

Regards Alex

Archived