IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Extension

alex30

Hi alex

I guess it is just the word "extension" that mystifies you :-)

It is just the opportunity to do a Smart Scan - this means that only the areas that are most often targeted by malware is being scanned.

This possibility they call an extension (to the full scan that are the basic scan of the computer)

The reason is to make the scanning finish in a shorter time than a full scan would have taken

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

Looking through Options I came across Scan All Files or Use Smart Extension.

Can anyone tell me what Smart Extension is and which is the best option ?

Cheers Alex.

Hi alex

I guess it is just the word "extension" that mystifies you :-)

It is just the opportunity to do a Smart Scan - this means that only the areas that are most often targeted by malware is being scanned.

This possibility they call an extension (to the full scan that are the basic scan of the computer)

The reason is to make the scanning finish in a shorter time than a full scan would have taken

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

I presume then that this setting only applies when doing an automatic scan as when doing a manual scan you choose the type of scan each time. Is that right ? If so this option should be put in the automatic scan section shouldn't it ?

Cheers Alex

Hi alex

If you look into the settings - you will have the opportunity to choose which kind of scan the automatic scan is to use.

(I will soon add a description of the program in Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

I presume then that this setting only applies when doing an automatic scan as when doing a manual scan you choose the type of scan each time. Is that right ? If so this option should be put in the automatic scan section shouldn't it ?

Cheers Alex

Hi alex

If you look into the settings - you will have the opportunity to choose which kind of scan the automatic scan is to use.

(I will soon add a description of the program in Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Quite right yo can choose there

I am sorry but I am still confused because when you want to do a manual scan you choose what type of scan to do. Either Smart , Full or Custom so why do we have that Extension box in the Options menu ? What does it do if that is set to Smart and then I choose Full when I come to do a manual scan?

While I am on do you know if a splash screen asking you if you want to download updates appears if you have chosen to update programme and database automatically or does updating then take place in the background with no notification that it has happened.

Regards Alex

Hi alex

There are two places where you can choose first the general scan where you can choose either full scan or smart scan or custom scan, I think this is just what scanning mode it will present first if you want to do a manual scan, the second place is the automatic scan where you have more options.

(But give me a chance to use the program for a while before I write a description :-) - additionally it is still in beta and there might be bugs)

I haven't tried all permutations of the settings yet :-)

I have just started using the program after I have translated it and hope they have ironed out most of the bugs in this beta 3 version.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Quite right yo can choose there

I am sorry but I am still confused because when you want to do a manual scan you choose what type of scan to do. Either Smart , Full or Custom so why do we have that Extension box in the Options menu ? What does it do if that is set to Smart and then I choose Full when I come to do a manual scan?

While I am on do you know if a splash screen asking you if you want to download updates appears if you have chosen to update programme and database automatically or does updating then take place in the background with no notification that it has happened.

Regards Alex

Archived