IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Analyze button seems to do nothing

I just installed SmartDefrag on my Dell Latitude D820 laptop running WinXP Pro SP2. It has an 80Gb drive partioned 50/50 into a C: and D: drives.

I started DeFrag and both drives show up in the list at the top of the screen. Under the status column the word "Idle" shows up for both drives.

Both the "Start" and "Analyze" buttons appear to be active; the drop down to the right of the "Start" button shows the option "Defrag Only"; the "Stop" and "View Report" buttons are grayed out.

I checked the box for the D: drive only and then clicked the "Analyze" button. There appeared to be some (very) brief activity but essentially nothing seemed to happen, nothing showed up in the "grid square" area (I expected some graphic to appear there).

Your help will be appreciated.

whfreund

hi whfreud

at left handside of C: and D: drives there are two boxes , Are u sure the drive u want to analyse has a tick in its box

By the way the two keys are greyed since nothing is running in order to stop it or to view before an action is performed

analysis is a greek word and means to examined in detail whether a defrag is needed and to what extend u are harddisk is fragmented.

cheers

Hi whfreund

Are you sure you wait long enough before clicking "Analyze"?

If your settings are that it does not start up with Windows it will take some seconds to be ready.

You will have to wait until the button "Analyze" change color when you point at it - then you click it - and the analysis commenses.

Cheers

solbjerg

I just installed SmartDefrag on my Dell Latitude D820 laptop running WinXP Pro SP2. It has an 80Gb drive partioned 50/50 into a C: and D: drives.

I started DeFrag and both drives show up in the list at the top of the screen. Under the status column the word "Idle" shows up for both drives.

Both the "Start" and "Analyze" buttons appear to be active; the drop down to the right of the "Start" button shows the option "Defrag Only"; the "Stop" and "View Report" buttons are grayed out.

I checked the box for the D: drive only and then clicked the "Analyze" button. There appeared to be some (very) brief activity but essentially nothing seemed to happen, nothing showed up in the "grid square" area (I expected some graphic to appear there).

Your help will be appreciated.

whfreund

hi whfreund

if the analyser and defrag works properly with system disk C: and does not work with partition D: it is sure that the problem has to do with the status of D:

Does it contain data ?

Is it compressed (a compressed disk is assumed as one file)?

check in its properties accecibility and permissions [/color]but do not change anything Is it locked somehow ?

Does it contain only very large files?

cheers

Archived