IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IS360 Service blocks applications

Leighton

I have several applications that don't show up in the tray after a reboot. "Process Explorer" (Sysinternals version of task manager) shows that the applications are running but they are inaccessible from the tray. The two I have a problem with are BitDefender and Nexus.

I'm running:

Windows XP Home SP3

BitDefender Antivirus

PCTools firewall

IS360 Security beta 3.1

Settings in IS360 are:

Start with Windows

Scan executable only

Autoscan disabled

Update at 08:45 Daily

If the program is inaccessible from the tray, it has to be killed, then restarted to prevent multiple instances of the same application.

If I disable IS360's service is360svc.exe and start it after Windows has finished loading, all is well. At first, I thought it was the is360.exe that was causing the problem. Just stopping the is360 from loading at Windows start does not stop the Service is360svc.exe from running. Once I disabled the service everything works fine.

That tells me that it is the service that is the villain. Let me know what you find.

Thanks for your support,

Leighton

Follow up

On further investigation, it seems that the service is360svc.exe is blocking the other applications from accessing the internet to check for updates or to gather data after a reboot. The app loads, up to the point of internet access, so it shows up in task manager as loaded but is not accessible from the tray because the app didn't finish loading. I assume it is because the service is sensing that the internet access was caused by spyware so it blocks it. Let me know if I'm on the right track.

Thanks for your support,

Leighton

Nobody cares?

Since I have heard nothing from an IS360 software support engineer on these two postings and the two emails, I assume nobody cares. Because this affects my access to my Anti-virus "BitDefender", I have to choose between IS360 or BitDefender. I'm afraid BitDefender wins. I have uninstalled IS360. Maybe when the product gets out of the beta stage, I'll try it again.

Finally!!

I see that the new (reduced functionality) version of IS360 finally resolved the problem. It looks like I was right (For what it's worth). The old version would start the service, open the tray application which restarted the service. The new version doesn't restart the service. Now it works.

We agreed to be guinea pigs, but did not expect that we would be rewarded with reduced functionality. Generally, a beta is tested and released in that form. Shortly after, a commercial version with "added functionality" is released. You're doing things backwards.

Archived