IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Comodo Internet Security Not Detected

BlackXcalibur

I have just started using IObit Security 360, and am running Comodo Internet Security as my firewall and antivirus, but on the overview screen of IObit security it does not detect it as my antivirus and firewall program, instead saying that my firewall is windows firewall, and that I have no antivirus. I am using Beta 3.1 of IObit security, and version 3.10.102363.531 (the latest version) of Comodo Internet Security, my OS is Vista Ultimate 64bit with Service Pack 2.

No sorry i'am using 32bit. Have you tried doing a uninstall of IS360 using revo uninstaller? it get's rid of the registry entries as-well as uninstall's the program so shouldn't be a trace of the program left.

After you have uninstalled it using revo uninstaller run Ccleaer and/or iobit ACS to ensure all entries are completely gone. After that delete the iobit security 360 folder from program files and restart. Finally download a fresh copy of iobit 360 and see what happens.

Revo uninstaller

Ccleaner

If you need help with those programs don't hesitate to ask.

wrexe

No sorry i'am using 32bit. Have you tried doing a uninstall of IS360 using revo uninstaller? it get's rid of the registry entries as-well as uninstall's the program so shouldn't be a trace of the program left.

After you have uninstalled it using revo uninstaller run Ccleaer and/or iobit ACS to ensure all entries are completely gone. After that delete the iobit security 360 folder from program files and restart. Finally download a fresh copy of iobit 360 and see what happens.

Revo uninstaller

Ccleaner

If you need help with those programs don't hesitate to ask.

wrexe

I already use Revo uninstaller, as well as CCleaner, I'm a system builder and administrator so I run a pretty tight ship. I did a complete uninstall of iobit 360 with revo uninstaller, and removed all the junk files and registry entries, then ran ccleaner, then ran wise disk cleaner professional, then ran wise registry cleaner professional, then ran comodo system cleaner to top all that off. I reinstalled iobit 360 and still have the same problem, Comodo Internet Security is not detected. I can only assume from this that iobit 360 cannot detect Comodo Internet Security because it is a 64-bit app.....

Use Avast to enhance security

i use comodo internet security but it is not impressive antivirus becoz they many false positive & it cannot detect some viruses & spywares so remove them & use Avast home Edition & Kaspersky Antivirus 20108

8)

i use comodo internet security but it is not impressive antivirus becoz they many false positive & it cannot detect some viruses & spywares so remove them & use Avast home Edition & Kaspersky Antivirus 20108

8)

No, because Comodo Internet Security is light on system resources, as I have built my system as a gaming machine. I have tested Avast, Kaspersky, Norton, eset, Vipre, Microsoft Security Essentials, and many others; none of them compare to the light memory and processor usage of Comodo. I can cope with the occasional false-positive, as I don't take the advice of any antivirus at face value; besides, I have used Comodo Antivirus for about a year and a half, and in that time I have only had about 5 false-positives. I also use Clamwin antivirus to do scheduled scans, to prevent anything slipping through, not that anything does.

8)

sorry oryxer,

there no exists an antivirus which is able to remove malware from a seriously infected system.

You may try with MalwareBytes' AntiMalware or SUPERAntispyware, even if there are some specialized tools like combofix and smithfraudfix for these extreme cases.

However try Avira, which is really light in memory usage and effective and above all won't attempt to install ask toolbar (wich is adware) and modify you browser settings as comodo does.

Avira + IoBit Security 360 + Agnitum OutPost 2009 free are a quite perfect free combinations

hope it helps

Archived