IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Help please

spudd

Hi i am in need of some help ..

I have installed pro version windows care and i seem to have edited a bit too much now i cannot see any icons or taskbar ater windows has loaded.. any help please

ps:???:

i am using

win xp mediacentre edition

Hi, there are several options, depending on the precise nature of your problem.

To start with the problem as I understand it.

Restart your computer and as it starts up, press F8 and choose start the computer in safe mode.

Then go to Windows system restore function and restore it to a date that lays before your problem.

Good luck

Solbjerg

thank you

I have tried F8 no luck the taskbar is not displayed there either.

i have also uninstalled the software after trying several times to use the restore feature built in then i have tried windows restore , each time unsuccesfull.

my third option was to load everything at startup after using the msconfig command .. still no success

windows tries to show the desktop for a few seconds each time then goes off to just show the default XP wallpaper

i am stuck!!

If it is just your taskbar that is missing, then:

Move the mouse to the bottom of the screen until the mouse cursor looks like you're about to resize something.

Stretch the Taskbar up, so that it is visible.

To do this with the keyboard, press Ctrl-ESC, Alt-Space, S, and then use the Up Arrow to resize the taskbar.

further options please

Try right clicking on my computer, click om settings, then on the tab Advanced and then on performance/settings and choose "let Windows choose the best settings for your computer"

I tried this and managed to take a screenshot of the outcome the same as before happens (opens desktop about 3 secs then closes again repeats for 1min) before my desktop closes again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/spuddly54/untitled.jpg

any suggestions.

Hi spudd

Your screenshot didn't show the right window to come up when you right-click on My Computer.

Try hitting the Windows key on your keyboard - and then choose to right-click on My Computer, then choose the bottom command (Properties?)

and then the tab Advanced, and here the button Settings, then choose "Let Windows choose the best settings for your computer"

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem

Hi there, I have the same issue as spudd. In the very next bootup after installing, scanning and cleaning up as recommended by AWC, Windows (XP) was only able to display all the taskbar and icons for a split second before it enter to a state where only the original wallpaper was showing. I was unable to access My Computer change the setting. The only thing I could do was to go to Task Manager (ctrl-alt-del). I tried running a new task with c:/windows/explorer.exe and again that invoke the taskbar and icon for a few seconds before reverting to the wallpaper. Then I tried running a new task with restore.exe and nothing. Booting up in Safe mode brings up the same situation except instead of wallpaper it's a black screen with Safe mode on all 4 corners. I tried to do a window restore and nothing too. I suspect AWC may have "overdone" it with the registry. I don't really want to format my harddisk. What should I do?

Hi timotan,

Try the links I have given in post #9 of this thread, I have edited some content in the second link.

One question:

What happens when you right click Desktop=>Arrange Icons By=> Check or Uncheck Show Desktop Icons on the Dektop?

Hit the Windows key (that is the key between the Ctrl and Alt keys on the left side of the keyboard) and R together.

Windows key+R

This should open the "Run" window

A dialog box should pop up, when it does type "explorer" and hit enter.(without " ")

This hopefully should get you into Windows explorer, and from there you then should be able to choose where you want to go.

My computer or controlpanel

Georgi's advice might also be a good idea

Archived