IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Diagnose/ security defense results

Caliman

I apologize in advance for asking a question that may have been posed before. In regard to the area named in the post title, what exactly does the term 'immunize' mean in relation to the scan results? I ran ASC for the first time and was blown away by some of the domain names that appeared - some were pretty bad. I want that garbage off my computer, but the term 'immunize' seems to imply those item records will remain with ASC serving to block any other malware or threats associated with those domains.

Doesn't ASC destroy the items found in the scan?

Thanks for the response.

Hi Caliman

In a medical sense you are not "immunized", as this would imply that you were vaccinated (inoculated with a weak strain of the bacteria/virus) against the (at this point in time) known malware.

You are rather (to stay in the medical metaphore) placed in an isolation ward where these types of known "infections" are kept out.

In order to find these (at this point in time) known bacteria/viruses/malware, you have to know their name or from where they come in order to block them. Hence the "immunized" items!! These items are kept out of your computer!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I apologize in advance for asking a question that may have been posed before. In regard to the area named in the post title, what exactly does the term 'immunize' mean in relation to the scan results? I ran ASC for the first time and was blown away by some of the domain names that appeared - some were pretty bad. I want that garbage off my computer, but the term 'immunize' seems to imply those item records will remain with ASC serving to block any other malware or threats associated with those domains.

Doesn't ASC destroy the items found in the scan?

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the clarification

Thanks for the response. I work in IT so I assumed the functionality was as you described, but in today's environment assuming can get you into trouble! Some developers use the same terminology but can mean different things entirely, so it was better to ask.

Thanks again for the info!:grin:

Archived