IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IE7 Stuck on Yahoo Uk homepage

Altosaxx

Hi,

I atempt to change the homepage back to my prefered Google site by using Internet Options / Use Current (Google) and also the Home tag Add or change Homepage, after a search for answers on the net it's suggested that the browser has been hijacked, if so why can't Advanced windows 2 find the answer, does any one have a solution.

Any help please would be appreciated, I also use Firefox but with no trouble.

Thanks

Hi altosaxx,

You might try trend micro housecall online scan. It will take quite a while to run but it is really good at finding and removing things thai anti virus & spyware scans may miss.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

You can also run a scann at File research center to see whay all is running on your computer.

http://www.fileresearchcenter.com/

samr.

Samr,

Many thanks for your kind help, I've tried the housecall link, it's seems that the server doesn't respond.

Filesearch has found nothing out of the ordinary.

I run Norton Internet Security, of which I have lost confidence has AVWCar2 has found what it doesn't also, I have Superspyware and Spyware detector on my system all seem to find what the others don't, fact is confidence in any of these so call detectors leaves a lot to be desired.

Seem like I'll stick with Firefox at least this seems to do what it says on the tin !

It just bugs me (excuse the pun) that I can't rid IE7 of the fixed yahoo homepage, no matter how I try to change it to google it won't let me, I presume that there is a problem in the registry but if that is the case afetr spending dosh on so called "fixes" these programs just hype and spin what they can do.

No confidence in this Advanced WindowsCare 2, any chance of money back.

Regards

Hi altosaxx,

You say the home page is Yahoo UK? Did you by any chance recently download or update CCleaner and let it install a Yahoo toolbar? (This is a shot in the dark, but I have seen this before!) Let me know, I may know the fix!

samr.

Archived