IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

360 test run

ryrynz

Have to say I like how it looks and it's light on resources, one thing I noticed though was when it was set to manual scan only (no start up) there was still a 4MB process in memory. Can this be removed or prevented from starting in the options?

ryrynz= I had the exact same question just a few days ago and some investigation lead to the IS360srv automatic start setting in Services.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/IS360Service.png

Just go to Services and change IS360srv to manual start and the 4 MB in process memory that you noticed just like I did will be no more. I have done through testing and IS360srv will start on demand when its service is set to manual.

~Maxx~

It would be nice if 360 did this once it's real time protection was turned off.

That's what got me wondering what was going on in the first place because I left the 'start with windows' option unticked and I also had the Security 360 real time protection turned off because my intention was to use services as a highly effective on demand scanner nevertheless yet my Comodo Security Detected the is360srv.exe was running when I booted the computer...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/360Start.png

It was then that I went to Services and found that by default Security 360 had set up its service to automatic which is necessary in order for those who use the Security 360 heuristic and real time scanning features when the computer starts and so it is up to those of us who do not want is360srv.exe to run when the computer starts to opt out by setting the is360service to manual start in Services.

Fortunately Security 360 runs just fine when its service is set to manual for those of us who prefer to use it only as an on demand scanner because our computer security systems already have active heuristic scanning and/or Hostbased Intrusion Prevention Systems that would conflict with Security 360's DOG real time scanning.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/BEWARE_OF_THE_DOG2.jpg

~Maxx~

our computer security systems already have active heuristic scanning and/or Hostbased Intrusion Prevention Systems that would conflict with Security 360's DOG real time scanning.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxxwire,

It is a good work around for on demand selection, but, not all of the other security softwares' active heuristic scanning and/or Hostbased Intrusion Prevention Systems would conflict with IS 360's DOG/realtime scanning though!!!

Examples: McAfee, Ad-Aware, HostsMan. I am sure that there may be others too.

Cheers.

Fortunately Security 360 runs just fine when its service is set to manual for those of us who prefer to use it only as an on demand scanner

Yes, the service does start when set to manual, but after an on-demand scan has finished, and IS360 has been closed, this service remains running...

danburrito- True, is360srv.exe does remain running after an on demand scan, but it will shut down with the computer and not start on the next boot because of the manual start setting although there is always the option to terminate the service if it is determined that will not be needed for the remainder of the session.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxxwire,

It is a good work around for on demand selection, but, not all of the other security softwares' active heuristic scanning and/or Hostbased Intrusion Prevention Systems would conflict with IS 360's DOG/realtime scanning though!!!

Examples: McAfee, Ad-Aware, HostsMan. I am sure that there may be others too.

Cheers.

enoskype- I agree! Most computer security systems will find Security 360 a welcomed and highly effective real time complement in their battle against Malware. The one and only reason that I personally am not able to release the DOG and take advantage of its comprehensive dual core real time Malware scanning engine is that I am running the Comodo Security Suite and its HIPS detection is not selectively defeatable.

~Maxx~

enoskype- I was just following up on some advice that was given to me from one of the most knowledgeable veteran moderators over at the Comodo Forum who uses Secutity 360 and has gained a great respect for the prowess of its DOG dual core real time Malware scanning engine.

~Maxx~

Archived