IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is ASC superceded by IOBit Security 360?

nandrews

nandrews

Though I don't work for IObit,I'd still have to say no.The focus is currently on 360,and as I'm sure you can understand,it requires considerably more time and effort to keep a security application updated then it does a tune-up utility.Also bear in mind that 360 is still at an early stage-v1.0,as opposed to ASC which is in its @5th or 6th final build.Except for some tweaks to better accommodate Win7,and maybe some trading of "add-ons",ASC probably won't be updating very frequently.Thanks for the question.

Thanks.

Maybe I/we are confusing upating the programme and updating the data that the programme uses.

As ASC checks for spyware I would expect it to be adding the patterns for new spyware almost daily, as other spyware checking programs do.

I agree that the program, one working well, shouldn't need update (upgrade?).

Nigel

Though I don't work for IObit,I'd still have to say no.The focus is currently on 360,and as I'm sure you can understand,it requires considerably more time and effort to keep a security application updated then it does a tune-up utility.Also bear in mind that 360 is still at an early stage-v1.0,as opposed to ASC which is in its @5th or 6th final build.Except for some tweaks to better accommodate Win7,and maybe some trading of "add-ons",ASC probably won't be updating very frequently.Thanks for the question.

detailer:

I just downloaded 360. Do I still need to keep and use ASC?

Thanks from classicride72

Archived