IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

About your spam...

mikey

I don't know whether your spam post @ SW will be removed or not so I'm just going to do a paste here. The currrent location of your spam is located @ http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=26009

A bit later, I will be searching for other spam posts on this subject where I intend to post these same thoughts on each one I find. Since I'm considered a volunteer malware expert at the vast majority of pri-sec communities on the web, I would surmise that, if your spam is wide spread, it will get the attention it deserves.

Who needs $25' date='000? I sure know I do! So IObit is hosting a nice big 'competition'. Clcik here to see details http://forums.iobit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25[/url']

To sum it up:

1, How to test and submit test reports?

1) Test should compare IObit Security 360 with other anti-malware programs. We request Lavasoft Ad-aware Free, Spyware Doctor limited use or free edition, Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware limited use or free edition, SuperAntispyware Free, Spybot must be included.

2) Comparison testing content should include, but is not limited to what the content of: User Interface, User Experience, Detection Rate, Scanning Speed, Resource Usage, etc.

3) Test samples should be various. Rogueware, spyware, Trojan, virus and so on should be included.

4) Reports should include but are not limited to videos, screenshots, document introduction, data information, comparison sheets and so on.

Special Award winners will receive: 1 yr. license for IObit Security 360 PRO and Advanced System Care 3 PRO (Periodically)

Bi-Weekly winners will receive: $1,000 (paid thru PayPal) and 1 yr license for IObit Security 360 PRO and Advanced System Care 3 PRO

Best of the Best winner will receive: $25,000 (paid thru PayPal)

Good Luck!

Note: An MD5 list of samples, as well as a log file from the scans are required!

Even tho technically speaking, this is a spam post, I suppose it is harmless enough even tho spam isn't tolerated here. Perhaps this one might be allowed to stay just for discussion sake...possibly even moved to an appropriate forum.

I also suppose that their intention and investment of $25K is for a marketing strategy. If so, it seems to me that having unprofessional comparison testing by it's few users would be a poor excuse for an advertising ploy.

If anyone wonders why I say this, perhaps you will consider my concerns about ALL anti-malware comparison testing;

My Thoughts on Anti-Malware Comparison Testing

When I see all the many different so called tests of anti-malware products, all I see is a bunch of advertising. In addition to the fact that no two of these so called tests find the same results, I have some other concerns;

How does one who is testing take into account the fact that all of the variables involved as well as the tools themselves are in a perpetual state of flux? Any real testing takes a bit of time. Even before any test is published, the results will already be invalid. While BrandX is still working on a particular definition, BrandY has already done so. Yet the BrandX definition will be published the next day and possibly better developed than that of BrandY.

Any real benchmark of these tools must include the study of it's removal routines for each type of nasty currently in the wild. That alone is a daunting study. But without it, there is no value to the testing.

Most F/Ps (false positives) don't occur on a freshly installed system. Removing items falsely can and very often does cripple innocent components. How do you measure the probability of F/Ps?

A true benchmark of the detections must include a validating sampling of targets. Limiting the sampling does not represent a true test at all. I can make any tool look good by simply limiting the sampling for the test. In all of the testing that has been published by online magazines and other so called professionals, this limiting has caused every single one to have different results. This has also been used as a marketing strategy.

In addition to studying the detections and removals, what other features are offered by the tools? What proactive features exist and do they work as pitched? Almost every scanner advertises that it protects the system. Do they really?...to what degree?...how much of it is just bloat?

Should any testing done by those affiliated with a particular tool be considered viable? How does anyone reading a test result know if a test was done by someone who is affiliated or has interest in a particular tool?

I have yet to see a real viable comparison test/benchmark. IMO, the methodology to perform a real comparison does not exist. Also, I believe that 99% of the so called tests published to date are simply advertising ploys and have absolutely no truth to them. I believe the other 1% are just done by well meaning folk who just simply don't have the understanding or expertise required in order to perform such testing.

Ask yourself; Why doesn't any two published comparison testings report the same results?

BTW Those of you who know me, know that I don't advocate the use of antiquated scanner technologies since there are so many BETTER alternatives to malware control. However, when I looked at the IOBit tool a yr or so ago, I found it to be sub-grade even to the common freewares available. JMO

I don't know whether your spam post @ SW will be removed or not so I'm just going to do a paste here. The currrent location of your spam is located @ http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=26009

A bit later, I will be searching for other spam posts on this subject where I intend to post these same thoughts on each one I find. Since I'm considered a volunteer malware expert at the vast majority of pri-sec communities on the web, I would surmise that, if your spam is wide spread, it will get the attention it deserves.

Hi mikey,

What makes you sure that the origin of the spam you mention is anything to do with this IObit Forum?

Have you written directly to IObit also?

Your link http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=26009 takes me to Spyware Warrior Forum Index -> Testing and the last post there is dated (Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 pm) and noting to do with what you mention above.

The link should be:

http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=31386

I have also read your edit as below:

EDIT: While I expect it will be likely censored, I posted @ IOBit; http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4060

If you kindly learn and send PM to me the IP address of the so called spammer, I can find out if he/she is a member of the IObit Forum or not.

FYI, spam, here in this IObit Forum, is not tolerated at all including spam linked signatures.

One should not do something to others that he doesn't want to be done to himself.

BTW Those of you who know me, know that I don't advocate the use of antiquated scanner technologies since there are so many BETTER alternatives to malware control. However, when I looked at the IOBit tool a yr or so ago, I found it to be sub-grade even to the common freewares available. JMO

BTW, why don't you look at the IObit Tools now then?

A year or so ago ASC3 and IS 360 did not exist, not to mention the other free softwares and utilities.

Being a Malware Expert, why don't you enter the competition? There is a great chance that you can win it amongst all the others. You can even judge the tests and help the Review and Candidate Select Committee.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

hi halfevil

Integrity is always appreciated!!

Do you know if the Wilder's security forum consider your post spam?

(I would not)

And do you know if Mikey is a forum member there and has left an answer to your post there?

He has a point in that it is very, very difficult to do a truly scientific test comparing different applications/programs.

But eventually some statistical "proof" will emerge.

On another note I will tell you a story:

As you probably know I live on Bornholm - an island in the Baltic sea.

Several year ago I was shopping for a new car, in the course of searching for one I came across a car dealer that told me that he was considered the most honest dealer on Bornholm.

That immediately put me on my guard and eventually I chose a dealer that I trusted more.

Later I heard that the "honest" dealer was probably the only one on Bornholm that considered him honest - and I even think that this is very dubious. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

That looks like a post I made on Wilder's Security forum in my thread about IObit Security 360 :x It is not a spam post, it is an informative post for those at Wilder's who are enthusiastic about testing new programs (as a lot of them are).

I am not accountable for it being posted anywhere besides Wilder's.

See here.

hi halfevil

Integrity is always appreciated!!

Do you know if the Wilder's security forum consider your post spam?

(I would not)

And do you know if Mikey is a forum member there and has left an answer to your post there?

He has a point in that it is very, very difficult to do a truly scientific test comparing different applications/programs.

But eventually some statistical "proof" will emerge.

On another note I will tell you a story:

As you probably know I live on Bornholm - an island in the Baltic sea.

Several year ago I was shopping for a new car, in the course of searching for one I came across a car dealer that told me that he was considered the most honest dealer on Bornholm.

That immediately put me on my guard and eventually I chose a dealer that I trusted more.

Later I heard that the "honest" dealer was probably the only one on Bornholm that considered him honest - and I even think that this is very dubious. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Wilder's do not consider it as spam as it is not advertising Security 360, it is informing the forum go-ers that there is a program which needs a good testing :P My post at Wilder's has not been commented upon about the test, no.

As far as I know there is no one by the alias of 'Mikey' at Wilder's.

Archived