IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

DOG Protection?

Littlebits

Hi Littlebits

DOG (Digital Original Gene) is a novel heuristic malware detection algorithm, that evaluates key attributes relating to software making, distribution and advertising. Various factors are considered before determining that a program is malicious. For instance, if the program is published by a notorious vendor. The main function of DOG is to enhance detection of zero day threats.

This is what it says in the program tools about it, - says the same thing in the manual and in the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section or click on the link in the page head

Online Help for IObit Software

Host Intrusion Prevention system, - yes you could place it in that category :-)

I doubt that the inner workings of the program will be forthcoming :-)

But one of the drawbacks of all heuristic scanning is that it often finds false positives.

In the comparison tests that are being run at the moment, I haven't yet seen any test that specifically tests the DOG protection.

Might be a good idea though!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Could someone please explain to me just what is DOG Protection?

Is it an HIPS module? If so what is is limitations compared to other HIPS programs like Online Armor, Comodo Pro and Outpost Pro?

I can't find no information anywhere.

Thanks.:???:

Archived