IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced System Care - What a Gem this is

Ladybbird

This really is fantastic and helped my old laptop enormously. However it has cleaned up so well I can no longer watch the movies I have downloaded. I keep getting this message

This file does not have a program associated with it, for performing this action. Create an association in the Folders option Control Panel. What does that mean. Where is the F.O.Control Panel?

Any ideas? I am not very tech savy and dont understand what has happened and how to put it right. Thanks so much for any help. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :oops:

Hi ladybbird,

Depends on what OS you have. By "old laptop" I am guessing it is XP. Look and see what file extension is on the file of one of the movies you can't play (mpeg, mp4, ect.) Then open Windows explorer (you can just open "My Documents). In the bar at the top click "tools", then "Folder Options", then "File Types". Scroll down until you find that extension (MPEG, MP4, ect.) and click on it. Under details it will say "Opens with: (program name). You can click "Change", then select the program name that it should open with, then click "OK". Files with that extension name should now open with that program.

If your OS is not XP, please post your OS so someone can help you find it.

samr.

Hi ladybbird,

Depends on what OS you have. By "old laptop" I am guessing it is XP. Look and see what file extension is on the file of one of the movies you can't play (mpeg, mp4, ect.) Then open Windows explorer (you can just open "My Documents). In the bar at the top click "tools", then "Folder Options", then "File Types". Scroll down until you find that extension (MPEG, MP4, ect.) and click on it. Under details it will say "Opens with: (program name). You can click "Change", then select the program name that it should open with, then click "OK". Files with that extension name should now open with that program.

samr.

Thank you samr, it is XP, I am going to try what you suggest, thank you for making it simple.

Hi ladybbird,

samr.

It doesnt just happen on one Movie it happens on all of them now, the first one is VLC Media File (AVI) Another one is CAM XVID (This one I started watching and it was playing OK, before I stopped it to download the Advance Care System, from then on I cant watch any of the Movies. I have Firefox not IE. YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE samr, thank you I did what you said and they are all working. You are supa dupa..:grin:

Archived