IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit with NIS2010

Heco

Hello :-)

My configuration : Vista Ultimate SP2 32bits with Norton Internet security 2010 and PrevX 3.0.

Well... when i install Iobit Official release (i'm a registered user), randomly a message pops up saying "Windows Explorer must close and restart". I click "OK" and all the icons on my desktop disappears of course, before Explorer is reactivated, losing some icons in the systray...

If i uninstall IObit, nothing like this happens ever...

What's wrong? Is NIS 2010 incompatible with IObit?

Any workaround to solve this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Herve

I had similar all through the betas with norton 360 but all OK now not sure if problem fixed during norton update or an iobit update, but after crashing pc froze untill unplugged at mains and restarted in safemode to uninstall 360.

very please to say all ok though do have a couple of minor issues not sure if down to 360 but started soon after install.

some spybot items do not immunize, web pages asking to flashplayer to be run all the time.

my advice be patient till one or both programs sort a fix in a update.

Hi Heco,

Did you choose to start IS 360 when Windows starts? Try to use it manually and see if the same thing happens.

When some of your icons are gone, did you try to Logoff and logon (Not Restart, but Logoff)? Try and see if the same thing happens.

Since you are a registered PRO user, you can ask directly IObit for support.

Cheers.

Thank you for your advice enoskype and sunny staines :-).

To enoskype : what's the interest of running IObit Pro 360 on demand and not when Windows starts?

With IObit, i just expect another REAL-TIME layer of protection in this dangerous cyberworld...

Yes i can retrieve all the icons when i logoff and then logon again... that's always what i did.

It's difficult to contact support as this issue happens RANDOMLY!

To sunny staines:you are right but i don't want a refund since i consider IObit as a very promising and efficient security software. My issue is not that serious as to give up having it up my sleeve... It's just annoying ;-), enough, at any rate, to prevent me from running it right now.

Very kind of you to help me so fast. Thanks.

Cheers,

Herve

OK enoskype! I'm going to reinstall IObit and do what you advise me to... But be conscious that IObit removed from my system, the issue never happens.

I uninstalled it 1 week ago... and no issue with Windows Explorer since then.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Herve

Archived