IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Beta of Microsoft Security Essentials

itsmejjj

ok here it is ---make sure you have a restore point!!

this thing is So and so---it changes things about ----be wary

my bird commit failed --re install )browser) not allowed...

half my icons went -blank--

trying to over install failed --

needed special permission--i wonder why if i am the admin!!

and super rights---

its scan took forever-and the downloaded update i wondered when it would end

plug in my flash drive -would not allow a install from it ?

half my apps went missing or unable to start --meaning thy ended blocked

a restore point fix all of it

bar my browser --i reinstalled--back to normal

just take care if trying it out -may run better on other systems ?

cpu went up to danger mark ---av of 60 --99%---nothing running??

max may want to test this ?

itsmejjj

half my apps went missing or unable to start --meaning thy ended blocked

a restore point fix all of it

bar my browser --i reinstalled--back to normal

just take care if trying it out -may run better on other systems ?

cpu went up to danger mark ---av of 60 --99%---nothing running??

max may want to test this ?

jjj- Thanks for the warning about Microsoft's latest and greatest Security Software or should I say Scareware! I will stick with using the much safer and more dependable IObit Security 360...

~Maxx~

Question: What Is 'Scareware'?

Answer: Scareware is deception software. It is also known as "rogue scanner" software or "fraudware", the purpose of which is to frighten people into purchasing and installing it. Just like any Trojan software, scare ware deceives unwitting users into double-clicking and installing the product. In the case of scareware, the scam tactic is to display frightening screens of your computer being attacked, and then the shareware will make claims to be the anti virus solution to those attacks.

Scareware and rogue scanners have become a multimillion dollar scam business, and thousands of users fall for this online scam every month. Preying on people's fear and lack of technical knowledge, scare ware products will bilk a person for $19.95, just by displaying a bogus screen of a virus attack.

What Exactly Does a Scare ware Screen Look Like?

OHHHHH DO YOU DARE ????? click ---can you trust jjj ????

Scareware scammers use fake versions of virus alerts and other system problem messages. These fake screens are often very convincing, and will fool 80% of the users who seem them. Here is one example of a scare ware product called "SystemSecurity", and how it tries to frighten people with a fake Blue Screen of Death (Ryan Naraine / www.ZDnet.com).

Here is another scareware example where a web page pretends to be your Windows Explorer screen (Larry Seltzer / www.pcmag.com).

What Are Example Scareware Products I Should Watch For?

(it is safe to click these links for explanations of each)

* SpySheriff

* Total Secure 2009

* XP Antivirus 2009

* Total Secure 2009

* AdwarePunisher

* SystemSoftware (Microsoft Blue Screen of Death)

How Scareware Attacks People:

Scareware will attack you in any combination of three different ways:

1. Accessing your credit card: scareware will deceive you into paying money for fake antivirus software.

2. Identity theft: scareware will surreptitiously invade your computer and attempt to record your keystrokes and banking/personal information.

3. "Zombie" your computer: scareware will attempt to take remote control of your machine to serve as a spam-sending zombie robot.

OK you can take a lookie here for the ones who misunderstand what we try to say---

BUT ARE YOU GAME ???? do you dare look for fear on a coronary fit ???

ohhhhhh don know should i ???? you think ,shivering with anticipation---

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/bsod_fraudware.jpg

http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/assets_c/2009/07/scareware-3550.php

now you get the idea????

be afraid very afraid--!!!

start here and get terrorized!!!!

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/scamsandidentitytheft/f/scareware.htm

itsmejjj

jjj- Great post! I used to be scared when I came across these fake AV alerts that try to force you to download their software if you click anywhere on the screen which you can't back out of. I used to have to resort to shutting the computer down, but since I began virtualizing my browsers with Sandboxie I simply delete the sandbox that the affected browser is in and everything in the sandbox disappears into nothing scareware and all!

~Maxx~

Archived