IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 7 64-bit Compatibility

J. L.

Hello, I've decided to try out IOBit 360 after hearing many compliments about it, but it requests to install within my Program Files (x86) folder. I thought it was "Designed for Windows® 7, Vista™, XP and 2000 (32bit and 64bit) "?

Is it supposed to be like this, or can I install it within the normal Program Files? (which I know is for native 64-bit applications)

How will it be affected (especially in protection and detection) if I install it within the Program Files (x86) folder?

One last question. How compatible is it with Comodo Internet Security (the whole suite)? Although it's entirely dependable, I know that nothing is 100% fool-proof, and therefore want to use IOBit Security 360 as my backup.

It is compatible with Win7 64bit but it runs as a 32bit app as most software at this time does.

I looked at Comodo yesterday although I haven't installed it, as it doesn't say its Win7 compatible only Vista. Plus it is a 32bit app as well and will install in the /86 path. That is if it will install at all. I know when I looked at it for the RC release it said it was not compatible with the OS.

No, Comodo is a native 64-bit application as well, click the drop-down arrow. It works perfectly fine on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Release (Windows 7 currently is RTM and available to students).

I will try IOBit 360 a little bit later (still finalizing a few things on my new OS).

I'm still a little wary about installing 32-bit real-time security product though, won't there be any deficiencies?

So far, manual scanning seems fine, detected a false positive (for me, NoActiveDesktopChanges, Active Desktop wasn't on in the first place). The 32-bit context menus doesn't work though.

What's surprising is that the Real-Time protection states: "Last File Analyzed: -", even though I have both the signature and heuristic protection on for hours. Is it supposed to be like that until I have a new executable file on my pc?

One last thing just to confirm, is the "Passive Defense" of 360 the same as the "Security Defense" of ASC?

Yes when I checked a few weeks back, it wasn't offered but yesterday I downloaded the 64bit and installed the firewall, its working great and I'm very happy with the amount of configuration that is possible with it..

I'm well pleased with my Viper anti virus spyware and using IObit Security 360 along with Advanced System Care Pro.

An update, Last File Analyzed is still - after an installation, uninstallation, and new installers downloaded. It's even at the high level, but I've yet to see a pop-up from this software. I wonder if the protection module is working at all.

Maybe it isn't compatible with Comodo after all (A-squared Anti-malware had a similar results of suppressed alerts).

Unfortunately, IOBit 360 Real-Time protection could not detect an apparent trojan (according to VirusTotal and Comodo) in my hard drive (not memory, I don't trust it that much), so therefore, it's gone.

I didn't really need it anyways, Comodo may be my only real-time, system-wide protection, but I've taken plenty other security measures (Website/activex/cookies/plugins filters, Website Advisors, WinPatrol, Disallowed-by-default Software Restriction Policy, NoScript, Several On-demand Scanners incl. VirusTotal, Multiple ways of keeping software Up-to-date, Drive Imaging, etc.)

The reason I tried out IOBit is more for experimental purposes and a little more sense of security than actual, necessary protection.

I hope that the next time I try this, it will be fully functional.

Archived