IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Pro: Security Defense not applying fixes

Doriginal

Hi guys, I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and after installing and scanning with ASC pro, all the security defense results are not being fixed. Also, some system optimizations are not being applied as well.

I suspect this is due to some windows services I disabled after tweaking my machine. I disabled a lot of unneeded windows services and some windows features like I always do after a new windows install. I have never had these problems after doing so in the past but this time, I can't figure out what services are required to apply these changes. I have ran a /sfc scan and tried to re-enable the appropriate windows services, but I still cant apply most of the options ASC recommends.

So any advice on what to change, services wise in services.msc? Any advice on how to fix this issue, thanks very much.

Hi Doriginal,

Did you try to immunize the Security Defence Items manually by going through Details?

Some system Optimization, especially TCP connection suggestions do not work with Windows7, and even with Vista.

Can you list the Optimizations that were not applied?

Cheers.

Hi Doriginal,

Did you try to immunize the Security Defence Items manually by going through Details?

Some system Optimization, especially TCP connection suggestions do not work with Windows7, and even with Vista.

Can you list the Optimizations that were not applied?

Cheers.

Hi Enoskype, Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried to apply them manually and automatically in both ASC pro and Security 360 and none of them apply. I'm thinking they are not applying because of the services I disabled because I have had these immunized in the past on Win7, I'm now on a different build though. And the issues being listed are 5000 plus. So I'm guessing I disabled a needed service or component.

The optimize features vary, I ignored most of them as I did not need these recommended optimizations, such as various services set to enable. The one I cant apply is taskbar, visual optimization I think.

Also, is there any way in program of telling me the actual version installed? I think I might be using an outdated version that is not able to apply an upgrade. Software, "Update Notifier" is telling me that I have ver. 3.3.4.649 installed. And states ver. 3.3.4.699 is available. All I see in the program is 3.3.4. So I download and installed the new version off of download.com, and this still comes up outdated. I emailed them about this being a possible error. But, I'm also thinking it IS outdated because in the utilities section of the version I have installed, components look outdated from the one I had on my previous Win7 install. I do not have the Internet Optimizer component, I have the old Firefox TCP Optimizer instead. Any info on this as well?

Sorry for the long post but I'm facing numerous issues that I never had in the past. Possibly, do you know of anyone that has a default windows services registry file or script I can use to see if that fixes the problem? Thanks!! :-)

Try disabling UAC-I have no problems with ASC and Win7

Thanks for the tip, but that is the first thing I do when I install Win7/Vista, so that isn't the conflict. Thanks tho.

Yes it's very weird, I have been using this program since beta and love it, never ever had a single issue with it. Which is why I think it's a mistake I made. Only tweaks I made was disabling a ton of services via services.msc following instructions here : http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm via "Tweaked" configuration.

I have always used this site as a guide in the past following the same config. I also disabled a couple of Windows features I did not need.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

Hey guys, thought I would post an update. Instead of restoring my default services config since all other Windows functions are OK, I downloaded Spywareblaster as a test to see if it could block these entries instead.

As to my surprise, it found 12,000 plus items that needed to be blocked. I applied all actions and then closed it. I then opened up ASC pro and did a scan and surprisingly the security defense found no problems. So all in all that issue seems fixed with the aid of Spywareblaster. My question is, why was it able to apply these actions and ASC could not?

And lastly, Any info on the part in my post about the current version of ASC pro? Isn't the Internet Optimizer component part of the latest release? If so, I do not have it listed and how do I get it back? Thanks Much!

P.S. anyone have experience with Spywareblaster? Since I blocked and protected all listed items, do I need to keep this program installed on my system? It is not designed to run in the background as far as I understand.

Thanks!

Hi Doriginal,

I don't have an answer to your question about, why ASC couldn't and SpaywareBlaster could, but I do keep both of them without any problem. Both are passive defences.

Please download the latest release ASC 3.3.4.666 from the link HERE, which includes Internet Optimizer.

If I were you, I would keep a copy of Firefox/TCP optimizer before installing the new version, in any case if you want to use it even within ASC.:wink:

Cheers.

Hi Doriginal,

I don't have an answer to your question about, why ASC couldn't and SpaywareBlaster could, but I do keep both of them without any problem. Both are passive defences.

Please download the latest release ASC 3.3.4.666 from the link HERE, which includes Internet Optimizer.

If I were you, I would keep a copy of Firefox/TCP optimizer before installing the new version, in any case if you want to use it even within ASC.:wink:

Cheers.

Out of the many posts, this one attract my attention. I believe it is possible for anyone to participate.

Excellent ! I like it very much. :neutral:

Archived