IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

exclude from Defrag

JBattin

Hi JB

No!

What you might do is to place that folder on another disk and refrain from defragging that disk.

Or you could also save the folder to a usb-stick or copy/burn it to a cd.

I do not think a defrag would harm your backups though, but a copy in another place to be absolutely safe may be a good idea.

Cheers

solbjerg

I should have asked this question before I purchased.

Is there any way to exclude files or folders in defrag? I have a Software folder that has to do with backups that I don't want optimized.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm surprised that no one has suggested this. At least I didn't see it in the enhancement requests, but maybe I missed it.

The reason I need it is because I run Acronis. Acronis has boot recovery software that can be used with a disk, and if a file in it's software directory is moved it turns that boot recovery off. Therefore, I can't just simply move it to another drive.

Hi JB

I have no experience with Acronis.

But a defragmentation places the data that belong together close together, and I don't think that would be a problem? In my opinion it is more likely that the fragmentation that goes on during normal operation of the computer may become a problem?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the reply.

I'm surprised that no one has suggested this. At least I didn't see it in the enhancement requests, but maybe I missed it.

The reason I need it is because I run Acronis. Acronis has boot recovery software that can be used with a disk, and if a file in it's software directory is moved it turns that boot recovery off. Therefore, I can't just simply move it to another drive.

Archived