IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Noisy

molon labe

My Norton Internet Security 2010 always blocks an attempt by IObit to delete one of my registry entries. I am advised that this is a medium security risk, versus low. Anyone else having this nasty little problem??

I do not trust any program that tries to delete an item in my registry and if it continues IObit is history.

Hi molon labe,

What is the registry entry it tries to delete? If IS 360 has found this entry to be a threat, it should try to remove it. That is what it is supposed to do. I would post IS 360 log here to find out what the entry is.

samr.

Edit: Sorry molon labe,I didn't notice you posted this under ASC forum, not IS 360! I would try each scan (spyware, registry fix, optimization,ect.) individually to see which one triggers the Norton. If you can isolate what entry it is causing it, you can right click on the entry & tell it to ignore it.

samr.

molon labe- ASC has a very thorough Registry Scanner in fact just today I installed ASC on a friend's computer and the Registry Fix found and removed entries that were still there from the original owner of the laptop that all other Registry Cleaners had missed over the last 15 months! If you post the ASC log that shows the entry that Norton is objecting to removing I'm sure that this can all be worked out.

~Maxx~

Archived