IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Misleading information

rdavidow

The registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=FirewallDisableNotify (1)

is detected by IObit Security 360 as Disabled.SecurityCenter.

If I ask for More Information, the following page is shown:

http://www.iobit.com/exedll_deal/deal/show_threats.php?s=Disabled.SecurityCenter

The contents of the above page have no relation with the problem found, which simply consists on a key value of the registry.

Hi btuner

Have you both checked if your firewall is activated.

Have you tried to refresh its settings?

The link you gave provides access to a remover of security center - I have never tried it it - so I can give no advice about that.

Cheers

solbjerg

Agree, got the same misleading information that needs to be fixed

Hi solbjerg

Your answer is quite amazing.

You talk about removing Security Center, making the same mistake done by the writer of the page:

http://www.iobit.com/exedll_deal/deal/show_threats.php?s=Disabled.SecurityCenter,

where it says:

"To remove SecurityCenter you must block SecurityCenter sites, stop and remove processes, unregister DLL files, search and delete all other SecurityCenter files and registry utility. Follow the SecurityCenter (pop up) detection and removal instructions below.

The most typical software removal method is to remove SecurityCenter (pop up) by using "Add or Remove Programs" service. However there may be hidden SecurityCenter files, running processes and registries in your computer, so SecurityCenter (pop up) may recreate all other files after reboot."

For your information, the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center , is perfectly legitimate key of the Windows Registry, which under no circumstances should be removed.

The only thing that could be done, is to change the value of the subkey:

FirewallDisableNotify, from 1 to 0, unless the Security Server you have installed ( in my case Norton ), takes care of this notification.

I hope you will take care of getting the proper information, and take the necessary steps to the modification of the absurd contents of the above mentioned page.

Otherwise, my confidence in IObit products will drop to zero.

Regards.

rdavidow

Hi rdawidow

I simply said that I could give no advice about that, as I hadn't tried it!

(I never would either I might have added)

From your remarks I suspect that you are not aware that most of the responses in the forum are given by other users - me amongst them.

You should make IObit aware of the problem by writing directly to them!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

Your answer is quite amazing.

You talk about removing Security Center, making the same mistake done by the writer of the page:

http://www.iobit.com/exedll_deal/deal/show_threats.php?s=Disabled.SecurityCenter,

where it says:

"To remove SecurityCenter you must block SecurityCenter sites, stop and remove processes, unregister DLL files, search and delete all other SecurityCenter files and registry utility. Follow the SecurityCenter (pop up) detection and removal instructions below.

The most typical software removal method is to remove SecurityCenter (pop up) by using "Add or Remove Programs" service. However there may be hidden SecurityCenter files, running processes and registries in your computer, so SecurityCenter (pop up) may recreate all other files after reboot."

For your information, the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center , is perfectly legitimate key of the Windows Registry, which under no circumstances should be removed.

The only thing that could be done, is to change the value of the subkey:

FirewallDisableNotify, from 1 to 0, unless the Security Server you have installed ( in my case Norton ), takes care of this notification.

I hope you will take care of getting the proper information, and take the necessary steps to the modification of the absurd contents of the above mentioned page.

Otherwise, my confidence in IObit products will drop to zero.

Regards.

rdavidow

Archived