IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Few questions and one recommendation

Iangh

Have you had the Spyware Scan tested against the likes of ad-aware, spybot, superantispyware, etc. Is the Windowscare good enough without needing to run the others?

Is Security Defence applicable to Firefox users or is it meant for IE only.

FYI - When I install a programme I always uninstall to see whether the programme has a clean uninstall. AWC leaves 'Boost with AWC' on the context menu of some menu programmes. A lot of us find this very annoying. As an example, Norton a-v has very good detection rates yet it has a low rating with security forum members because it leaves stuff behind.

Nice programme, things happen quicker. I'll run if for a few weeks before putting it on the kds' PCs and recommending it to my 5 friends that see me as their personal PC support :o .

Ian

Hi, the spyware scan feature is enough for common use, but it doesn't have the file scanner and the real time scanner as it is not the most professional anti-spyware, it's a ''All-In-One" product. The security defense module can only support IE now, it will add Firefox protection in the future. You can see that there are over 29000 items that AWC can protect, while Spyware Blaster can only protect less than 10000.(I can't remember the very number, but it's about 3000-6000). So if you are using IE, you needn't use Spyware Blaster any more. If you are using FireFox, you can choose Spyware Blaster for this moment, and AWC will support Firefox in the future.

Just to add to what Tim said-

Yes, the Spyware defense does alright for common computer use. It will block certain spyware from being installed much like SpywareBlaster does. You might find that SpywareBlaster and AWC even conflict for 1 spyware (I can't remember the exact one but I will find it if someone asks).

You should use AWC if you are using IE and SpywareBlaster for Firefox. Although firefox isn't all fire-proof like it's cracked up to be.

see http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/FirefoxMyths.html

The actual spyware scan for AWC should also not be solely relied on. You need to have such programs as Ad-Aware and Windows Defender to protect your computer since they offer real-time protection, file scanning, etc.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Archived