IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Clean Install W.7 Upgrade workaround

sunny staines

Let's be clear about what we're doing here

First up, let's define what it is I'm describing. For purposes of this discussion, a clean install--or what Microsoft calls a custom install--is when you boot your PC with Windows 7 Setup media (typically a Setup DVD, but with this version it could also be a specially created, bootable USB memory device containing the Setup bits) with the intention of installing just Windows 7 on the PC. There could be a previous version of Windows (XP or Vista) installed on the PC already. You will either install Windows 7 to a separate partition or will wipe out the previous Windows version during Setup. (That is, you will not install Windows 7 on the same partition as your previous Windows version.) If it's the latter, please--please--be sure to backup all your data first. Please.

this a a very good warning! be aware of it! good find sunny !

a other thing -if you do a clean new install format the drive-or split it if desired ! first ,win install can do this for you ,my preference , custom install then a slow format--of the drive-or drives--

-than install picking the drive - where you want the OS to install-- why split--into 2 or 3 drives

you can add a other OS if wanted DUEL system -booting PC--vista-xp-or a other win 7 ----i have one with 4 partitions--a 1 terry byte drive-split --

or you could,repartition the drive first-------then

1st install XP drive 1 c>

2nd VISTA drive 2 d>

3rd win7 drive 3 e>

4 spare drive- F > spare ?

or say the same idea with 3 different win 7.builds --its something to think over--

itsmejjj

Archived