IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Poor Wording At The Top Of Scan Window

hyderpete

The wording at the top of the scan window, needs addressing as it is far from professional - It makes the product appear a little undesirable as if it has suffered from bad translating.

I have highlighted in bold the phrases which need re-writing

System Scan

Scan for spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms and other threats. Please note thet the first

scan will analyze and learn the security environment of your PC which would cost more time. After that

you will see the faster scanning

Hi hyderpete

You are right. In my translation I have changed it to the Danish equivalent of "- which will cost more time. After that you will see faster scanning"

If it irritates you I would suggest going into the language file and change it, at least it will then look alright by you !! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

The wording at the top of the scan window, needs addressing as it is far from professional - It makes the product appear a little undesirable as if it has suffered from bad translating.

I have highlighted in bold the phrases which need re-writing

System Scan

Scan for spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms and other threats. Please note thet the first

scan will analyze and learn the security environment of your PC which would cost more time. After that

you will see the faster scanning

Hi hyderpete

You are right. In my translation I have changed it to the Danish equivalent of "- which will cost more time. After that you will see faster scanning"

If it irritates you I would suggest going into the language file and change it, at least it will then look alright by you !! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Could you explain that in ENGLISH - I have got the language set as English - hasn't been changed - that's how it downloaded but it's not English so creates a really bad impression

Hi hyderpete

I do not understand - every single word in my post is in English, so is you question rather where to find the language file?

If so it is located in the language folder in the IObit Security 360 folder usually in C:\program files\IObit\IObit Security 360 and then the folder "language" and finally the English language file.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. If your post is more like making IObit aware of poor wording in the English language file the best option is to send them your suggestion for a better wording - try support@iobit.com

You have to be aware that the earliest possible change will be in the next update of the install file.

Find it in the language file and copy it and then write your alternative to the wording, in order for them to find it the correct line in the IObit Security 360 English language file

Label_Scan_Method_Info.Caption=Scan for spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and other threats. Please note that the first scan will analyze and learn the security environment of your PC, which would cost more time. After that, you will see the faster scanning.

For example:

Label_Scan_Method_Info.Caption=Scan for spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and other threats. Please note that the first scan will analyze and learn the security environment of your PC, which will/could cost more time. After that, you will see (a) faster scanning.

Could you explain that in ENGLISH - I have got the language set as English - hasn't been changed - that's how it downloaded but it's not English so creates a really bad impression

Archived