IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System restore missing

irishgodfather

Hi irishgodfather

Next time you run a System Optimize in ASC you should look under "Problems found" (click that name) then find the setting it wants to change that has to do with system restore an click on it and choose ignore. Then it won't be "repaired" again. You MUST do that BEFORE clicking REPAIR!!

Some people want the option to restore removed, - so if IObit changes that they will get many angry customers that want them to change it back. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I ran it 3 times and every time I had to search for system restore and do a restore to get it back under system tools.

I think they better fix this soon.

Hi irishgodfather

Next time you run a System Optimize in ASC you should look under "Problems found" (click that name) then find the setting it wants to change that has to do with system restore an click on it and choose ignore. Then it won't be "repaired" again. You MUST do that BEFORE clicking REPAIR!!

Some people want the option to restore removed, - so if IObit changes that they will get many angry customers that want them to change it back. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't think it's to wise of them to make a tool that would disable a windows system tool.

Ok irishgodfather

In the meantime - did you place it in the ignore list?

If you want to check your services and their settings - you can get there by writing services.msc in Run.

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't think it's to wise of them to make a tool that would disable a windows system tool.

Ok irishgodfather

In the meantime - did you place it in the ignore list?

If you want to check your services and their settings - you can get there by writing services.msc in Run.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks but your still missing my point

I've used Advanced System Care for a long time with no problem.

I don't feel it's up to me to fix it.

Hi irishgodfather

If you then run the System Optimize you will have the same problem every time you do, unless you place it in the ignore list.

And even IF Iobit should agree with you, you would have to wait for the next update to take care of it, or have IObit send a representative that could do it for you.

I am trying to help you take care of the problem - as one user to another - not to debate policy with you.

Most of us here in the forum are ordinary users - me too!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks but your still missing my point

I've used Advanced System Care for a long time with no problem.

I don't feel it's up to me to fix it.

Hi irishgodfather

If you then run the System Optimize you will have the same problem every time you do, unless you place it in the ignore list.

And even IF Iobit should agree with you, you would have to wait for the next update to take care of it, or have IObit send a representative that could do it for you.

I am trying to help you take care of the problem - as one user to another - not to debate policy with you.

Most of us here in the forum are ordinary users - me too!

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm not debating any policy. Just stating a fact.

Lots of people are going to have trouble when they can no longer find system restore.

They messed up this update so it's up to them to fix it.

It happens as their only human.

Hi irishgodfather

If you do not want to follow my advice it is solely up to you.

Goodbye and good luck

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm not debating any policy. Just stating a fact.

Lots of people are going to have trouble when they can no longer find system restore.

They messed up this update so it's up to them to fix it.

It happens as their only human.

Hi irishgodfather

I will then take this opportunity to say that when one purchases a machine or downloads a program it is always best to read the manual before using it.

Please read Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section or IObit's own manual/help to try to avoid other mishaps in the future.

Cheers

solbjerg

I did what you said and it worked but others may not know about the fix.

The update should never been allowed out with that flaw.

I wonder if they tested it first?

Hi irishgodfather

I will then take this opportunity to say that when one purchases a machine or downloads a program it is always best to read the manual before using it.

Please read Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section or IObit's own manual/help to try to avoid other mishaps in the future.

Cheers

solbjerg

I would say that if a company is trying to sell a product by offering a free version with less features that they have a responsibility to make sure that it won't do damage to a persons system.

Are you the person in charge of that company? If not what the am I doing talking to you.

My first post was meant as a heads up for IObit.

Hi irishgodfather

Copy of you first post

"After using the newest version of Advanced System care free I find my System restore missing.

Any help here? :cry:"

Cheers

Goodbye

solbjerg

I would say that if a company is trying to sell a product by offering a free version with less features that they have a responsibility to make sure that it won't do damage to a persons system.

Are you the person in charge of that company? If not what the am I doing talking to you.

My first post was meant as a heads up for IObit.

Archived