IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Comparitive test IObit versus 360 versus MBAM

Max Zorin

What is going on :???:

Independent testing site Malware Research Group publishs new data of comparison between MBAM and IObit.

Because of recent lies by MBAM they decided to add MBAM and IObit onto one of their current tests(0 day malware detection).

Their results were very shocking but were mirroring what others here have been reporting.

Why has it got so bad in such a short space of time :???:

http://malwareresearchgroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=532#p532

One person says your detection rate is down by 53%

And now MRG are saying the newer version detects 79% less when tested against the same malware samples they used to test previous version which they gave a very good review to here.

http://malwareresearchgroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=153

IObit Security 360 as a complementary tool can be a very useful application, it is very easy to install and configure so even the lesser experienced users will not have any difficulty with installing this product. IObit Security 360 is created to provide extra protection while running alongside your main Anti-Malware application, we had a chance to test IObit Security 360 in real time running next to few standalone Anti-Malware applications and we did not encounter any problems. Real Time protection capabilities are very good; it showed very good results by running alone as it was able to fully block all except 3 samples from running. Removal capabilities are also very good as it was able to successfully clean all except 2 samples. IObit Security 360 is a new product which is already showing some very good results, if you need extra level of protection, you can consider adding this product next to your Anti-Malware application of choice.

Malware Research Group will continue to evaluate this product as we expect it to improve more in the upcoming months.

The same person today posts

We tested the latest version, IOBit Security 360 1.20.10. We will continue the comparison of those two applications in the future. The shift in the results is huge, when we did the review IObit had a very good result, I tested the latest version of IObit Security 360 on the same set of malware samples which were used in the review, the result was 79% lower then it was in the review.

How can this be:-|

Declaration from IObit thread.

In response to recent rumors, we would like to release the asseveration as follows:

3. For the sake of avoiding disputes and possible problems in malware naming, we have deleted all disputed items in our database temporarily and updated IObit Security 360’s database. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, currently we have become the victim of rumors and tricks. All these rumors have caused fatal and serious effect to our good name and reputation.

Hi Max Zorin,

I am not a signature based security software expert, so I can not comment for signature based applications.

Certainly, smaller database means less detections.

Being a non native English speaking person, I couldn't understand the dehabilitating part of it and I couldn't find it in Britannica-Online too.

It must be something like:

reformation X deformation

rehabilitation X dehabilitation

Can you please elaborate.

Thanks and cheers.

Hi enoskype

I think the word should have been debilitating. (weakening)

But I agree that there should be a word like dehabilitating :-) probably are - it just hasn't reached Encyclopædia Britannica yet!! :-)

And in this case it probably would mean partly unclothed. Or half naked depending on ones point of view.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Max Zorin,

I am not a signature based security software expert, so I can not comment for signature based applications.

Certainly, smaller database means less detections.

Being a non native English speaking person, I couldn't understand the dehabilitating part of it and I couldn't find it in Britannica-Online too.

It must be something like:

reformation X deformation

rehabilitation X dehabilitation

Can you please elaborate.

Thanks and cheers.

Thanks for the clarification of dehabilitation guys.

I would stay with the last release sunny staines, and accept the offer from a-squared.

zegman, I assume that the new database would replace the old one.

Trial and Error method will show that, I suppose.

Cheers.

Archived