IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AVG Antivirus

I attempted downloading Smart Defrag from the Iobit site yesterday for a friend's computer. The computer was running last year's version of AVG Antivirus and Windows Firewall on Windows XP. As soon as I opened the Iobit site I got several "dangerous site" warnings. Has anyone else had this happen? I run a very secure computer at home and never had any warnings.

Hi jerry

Yes several has had this happen to them, it is a false "security" setting in AVG. They will probably remedy it soon.

In the meantime I have uninstalled AVG and use Avira for the time being while searching for a possibly better solution. Avira is fine though!

For the time being a temporary solution could be to disable that part of the "security" from the AVG, -through it's settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

I attempted downloading Smart Defrag from the Iobit site yesterday for a friend's computer. The computer was running last year's version of AVG Antivirus and Windows Firewall on Windows XP. As soon as I opened the Iobit site I got several "dangerous site" warnings. Has anyone else had this happen? I run a very secure computer at home and never had any warnings.

Archived