IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Smart Defrag new version 1.3.0.30

zegman

Ok zegman,

Here is what I found: Major Geeks shows the new version today. The top of the two download links is still v. 1.2.0. The bottom one has the new version. It does have the OPTION of installing the Iobit toolbar, so if you don't want it, be sure to un-check it!

http://www.majorgeeks.com/IObit_SmartDefrag_d5318.html

Here is the change log:

Smart Defrag Update History

1.30 (Nov 12, 2009)

+ Added Auto-defrag choosed volumes (choosed?)

* Fixed general bugs

samr.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a new Smart Defrag Server 2010 designed for servers, and it is a paid version.

Cheers.

Yes, that's why I said ":x"

I don't need the SDS' advanced features for my servers, especially since my _desktop_ at work also has Win2003 on it (experimental/development machine...). SD was a nice free solution for me, servers and desktops alike, now I guess I'll still use 1.20, and put JKDefrag on any new machines with Windows Servers.

Don't get me wrong, but there are already at least two established and powerful advanced defragmenters on market, and even those I rarely used since I mostly don't need their advanced features either. Also in my job I maintain other companies servers, and making _others_ buying anything despite recommendations can be painful, so I usually go with the free solutions if advanced features not needed (in case of defragmenters, it is always so in my work). If I maintained servers within just one company, I might acquire a commercial defragmenter for those, but I'd still need to get convinced to buy SDS instead of another one. ;-) Welcome to the wonderful world of commercial defragmenters competition... if it's still worth it...

Archived