IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New from A Squared

detailer

detailer- Well, you got me again as the 1 MB A-Squared MalAware Scanner fits all the criteria I need as the perfect front line scanner to be backed up with the massive 78 MB A-Squared Free program for removal, but since I haven't seen so much as a single tracking cookie because I have my browser virtualized with Sandboxie the flea-weight Cloud based MalAware may turn out to to be the ideal scanner for me.

From the Emsisoft website...

Extremely small and ultra fast malware scanner

The basic idea behind MalAware was to create build the smallest possible (1 mb) and the fastest possible malware scanner (scan <1 min) that will only provide an indication of whether a PC is infected with malware or not.

However, it should still get the full Emsi Software technology with more than 3 million known nasties. Not an easy task - but our developers have found ways and means to meet these seemingly impossible combinable requirements. By combining a strongly limited version of the signature database of known malware paths with a cloud based scan of all active processes, MalAware achieves a similar accuracy as a-squared Anti-Malware.

~Maxx~

WoooooooW MalAware is Faaaaaaast!

This Portable App burned through its scan of 24.8 GB on my C Drive in 10 seconds flat!

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/MalAware2009-11-18.jpg

I'm trying to think of what to say, but I'm just so blown away by the blisteringly fast speed of this 1 MB Freeware program from Emsisoft! Its like seeing someone break 500 mph in the 1/4 mile for the first time! I wish I could more accurately evaluate its effectiveness, but like I said I just don't get Malware infections any more since I went to virtual browsing although I can say that MalAware had the same detection results as the full sized A-Squared Free Scanner always does.

~Maxx~

I like it but do I need it ?

I have had a look at this to see if it suits me.

If I read the info correctly then this new MalAware will do a quick scan of my computer but if it finds anything I would need to then launch A-Squared, update and scan again.

The updates are the major pain of A-Squared, averaging over 15 per day and eventually becoming huge (see the quote)

Posted on the A-Squared free Forum @

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/461-excessive-size-of-update-download-again/

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

If you miss more than 50 updates of the IKARUS engine (which equals about 3 days of updates) you will have to download the whole database again. While we agree that this design is not very low bandwidth friendly there is really nothing we can do about it. It's not our design, we just license the engine. IKARUS is working on an overhaul for their update system though. But as always we can't give any ETA when the new update system for IKARUS will be available.

Best regards,

Fabian Wosar [Administration/Technical Support]

Emsi Software Team

I have A-Squared Free and have turned Off everything Auto and disabled it in Services. Now I must launch and click update.

To keep the update downloads at a reasonable level, I usually update once a day and since it can still take a long time I often let it update while I am having lunch or something.

After the update I do a Quick Scan which only takes 2 minutes.

I do a Deep Scan (80 minutes) once a week and a Smart Scan (30 minutes) when I think there may be a problem.

Since I am updating and doing a Quick Scan once a day anyway, I wonder if MalAware would be of benefit to me.

Anyway, I will keep an eye on it :smile:

Edit: Ok, since it has sent Maxx (almost) speechless I will give it a shot :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Since I am updating and doing a Quick Scan once a day anyway, I wonder if MalAware would be of benefit to me.

Anyway, I will keep an eye on it :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

My sentiments exactly! While A-Squared is my first line on demand Malware scanner it does take forever to update its signature database so since I like you simply want to do frequent scans to make sure the computer is clean MalAware seems like the ultra-fast alternative with no update required and its done in a few seconds!

I have already put this MalAware Portable App on my 200x A-Data 16 GB USB Flash Drive and its going to be super slick to be able to give someone a Malware Diagnosis in seconds flat!

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/adata_xpg-1.png

One Click and Scan MalAware is definately goin' mobile!

~Maxx~

Yes, but the amazing A-Squared Free, MalAware, A-Squared USB Portable App (full strength version), Command line Scanner, Anti-Dialer, and HiJack free are all FREE...

a-squared Free

Freeware! This free version is the little brother of a-squared Anti-Malware and contains only the scanner to clean infected computers.

a-squared Command Line Scanner

Freeware! This program is a console application to scan and clean your PC. It was made for professionals who don't need a setup or graphical user interface. The scanner features are nearly equal with a-squared Free.

a-squared Emergency USB-Stick

Plug in and run! The a-squared Emergency USB Stick contains a-squared Free and the a-squared Command Line Scanner which can be used to scan and clean an infected computer quickly without a required software installation. (This software can be downloaded and installed on your own USB Flash Drive although it ts a beefy 78 MB which is the same size as A-Squared free!)

HiJackFree

Freeware! HiJackFree helps advanced users to detect and remove Malware manually. With HiJackFree you can manage all active processes, services, drivers, autoruns, open ports, hosts file entries and many more. For your full control over your system.

MalAware

Freeware! An extremely small and ultra fast malware scanner, that is able to detect active malware on your PC without the need of a full software installation. Only 1 mb download size. Combines signature- and cloud-scan technology.

a-squared Anti-Dialer

Freeware! a-squared Anti-Dialer scans the harddisk for Dialers and provides a permanent background guard protection against new Dialer infections that manipulate the dial in connection settings to call high cost numbers.

~Maxx~

Archived