IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ignore List

MBSlane

I just started using Advanced System Care Version 3 (free version) and have run into a problem with cleaning temporary files. I use a program called Family Tree Maker 16 and after I started using ASC one of the functions in Family Tree Maker quit working. I asked for help from their tech support and they told me the problem was probably caused by a program (like ASC) that cleans your system and removes temporary files - quite a few people had reported the same problem apparently. They said that these programs can corrupt some needed temporary files in the --- C:\DOCUME~1\MELVIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\FTW --- directory and that I could fix the problem temporarily by deleting the contents of that folder. Sure enough their fix worked and my program started working properly again. They said the permanent fix was to either quit using that program (ASC in my case) OR tell the program to ignore that directory when it is cleaning temporary files. So far I have been unable to figure out to do the latter in Advanced System Care. Can anyone help me with that ?

mel

Archived